Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lauren Neeff
United States
Rock Springs
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there a two player variant that anyone knows about? I mainly play games with just my gf. I read the rules, played a simulation by myself, but I want this to work with two people. Any solutions? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Check the Great Big Table podcast (http://greatbigtable.com), a podcast about expanding the board game hobby.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to know this as well.

Either I need to find a two player variant or I have to teach the game to my 5 year old. That will probably happen (he's pretty good at playing games already), but bidding and bluffing games are a little above him at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Ooh, that's a toughie. You're going to have to invent it, but since it's a quick game (especially with two, I expect) you can play and tweak and play and tweak and get something that works. Here are a couple ideas...

1 - you each put down two bids each turn, and you each make two selections in the order of your two bids. EG, you put down bids of 20 and 120, she puts down 80 and 90, so you would choose one of the six (since there are two offers down at the start of the hand), then she would choose one, then another one, then you choose a second one, and two are left over to start the next round.

2 - you set out three offers at the start of each hand, you each make one offer, you each choose (in bid order) one offer, three are left, you discard the lowest, fortify the two remaining and start the next round.

Either way you are going to end up with more cards than usual and thus you'll not only have higher scores, but *much* higher scores. If you find that so much of the challenge of forming sets is gone that the game is less fun you might try discarding a card or two face down, uninspected, at the start of each hand.

Experiment and share with the world when you have something that works.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.