Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to come up with a kids party game based on Arkham Horror. The idea, so far, is:

In each room of your house place 2 envelopes - one containing a gate symbol and the other a clue.

The kids go to a pre-determined starting room and choose 1 on 2 envelopes. If they choose the gate they go to the "other world" room where there are a series of envelopes numbered from 1 upwards. They take the next available envelope and inside is a monster to be fought. The fight takes the form of some sort of puzzle or challenge - if they win they get to close the gate and get a clue. If they fail they lose collected clues and do not seal the gate.

After the investigators return from another world without sealing a gate add another envelope to the room and shuffle.

The clues the kids collect are clues to the last monster they will face - this, I'm thinking, will be something similar to Mystery at the Abbey or Guess Who. In the end the kids need to know who the monster is and how to defeat them.

As I said, it's just an idea for now and I'm hoping that fellow geeks can pad it out a bit.

Thanks for any help here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Madsen
Sweden
Bandhagen
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds excellent! Best of luck to you (of course, it helps if the kids have seen the grownups play Arkham Horror before ;)

/kgm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lucato
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like a little fun piece. Go for the prototype, mate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The prototype's a bit tricky as it's intended to be a physical, running about the house type of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lucato
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should try this idea with my little brother and sister. I remember when I was a child some relatives came up with a quite similar game but it was more a detective game, and despite being simple we would have a lot of fun with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.