Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody know where to pick up new, used or old wargames and sf boardgames in Japan's Kansai region? I've only been able to find one place that even sells new wargames (Yellow Submarine in Osaka).

And I'm heading to Tokyo for a quick trip in December. Same question: best places to buy new and used war/sf games in Tokyo?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Yellow Submarine in Akihabara tends to have quite a few second hand war games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos wrote:
Yellow Submarine in Akihabara tends to have quite a few second hand war games.

Wow, that was fast! Thanks!

I'm also hoping to find something closer to "home"--any Kyoto/Osaka/Kobe hints?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Yellow Submarine in Kyoto apparently and I know the JIGG gamers buy from Yellow Submarine so I'm guessing there's one in Osaka too as there's one in Nagoya.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
There's a Yellow Submarine in Kyoto apparently and I know the JIGG gamers buy from Yellow Submarine so I'm guessing there's one in Osaka too as there's one in Nagoya.

Yep, been to the Yellow Submarines in Kyoto and Osaka. As I said, only Osaka's had any wargames, and only a tiny selection. Hoping that there is some other store that might have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard of any other game shop in and around Kyoto, and the YS boardgame selection has been decreasing ever since I first went there shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiroshi Tamura
Japan
Setagaya
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please access to my webpage.
http://www.geocities.jp/xod2006/sghowtobuy_e.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xod2006 wrote:

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I bought the new reprint of Russian Campaign 2 at Osaka-Namba's Yellow Submarine, but I look forward to checking out some Tokyo establishments as I make a quick visit to International Christian University for a Peace Studies Conference (I know, possibly ironic that a long-time [33 years] wargamer is a peace-nut, but I'm sure there are lots of others).

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
DrFlanagan wrote:
Anybody know where to pick up new, used or old wargames and sf boardgames in Japan's Kansai region? I've only been able to find one place that even sells new wargames (Yellow Submarine in Osaka).

When I lived in Tenri-shi, that's the only place in Kansai I was aware of. Ditto the places in Tokyo when I lived in Urawa-shi (now Saitama-shi). Did almost all of my wargame shopping via the internet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Brunet
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to go to the Yellow submarine of nishi-Shinjuku, and I remember them having a quantity of old wargames, both in japanese and english.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paptimus wrote:
I used to go to the Yellow submarine of nishi-Shinjuku, and I remember them having a quantity of old wargames, both in japanese and english.

Great! I'm particularly interested in picking up some older Japanese wargames. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.