Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Drakkenstrike's Components Breakdown Video Review Series in HD
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Santa, it was made clear to me that I put the WRONG ending date for this CONTEST. It was supposed to end today (Nov. 28th, 2010), but I inadvertently put last Sunday (Nov. 21st, 2010) as the end date. So, according to my own mistake, I have not announced a winner for a week now. Wow, I am not sure how I missed that, but I did !!

Regardless, the winner is:

Yaniris Arif
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Congratulations to Yaniris !! I will contact you today with shipping information !!

P.S. Look for another contest later this week !!

Jeremy D. Salinas
Drakkenstrike's Components Breakdown Video Series in HD

First, I wanted to apologize for my brief two week disappearance from BBG, hence my severe lack of making Videos. Due to several unforseen (and some forseen) issues (ie. sick Daughter, sick Cat, sick Me, sick Mother, Work, Carpet Issue, Fable III, Star Wars Unleashed II and Assassin's Creed to name a few) I have put my Video Series on the back burner. Now, things look good for the Holidays, so I am throwing myself back into the mix.

I have a new Video posting TONIGHT (Merkator) and am working on some Intro's for Vinhos, Era of Invention and Troyes all hopefully to be posted within the next 5-7 days. You can see my other Videos here:

After the huge amount of responses and overwhelming success of my first Three Contests, I wanted to move forward with a fourth Contest and give everyone who enters a chance to win another FREE Game in time for the Holidays.

Drakkenstrike's 50th Components Breakdown Video in HD CONTEST - 1st CONTEST

Drakkenstrike's 2nd Components Breakdown Video in HD CONTEST - 2nd CONTEST

Drakkenstrike's 3rd Components Breakdown Video in HD CONTEST - 3rd CONTEST

I will be giving away ONE (1) BRAND NEW, SHRINKWRAPPED Game to celebrate the spirit of giving this Holiday Season. The Game I am giving away is Inca Empire of which I have already done a very praise worthy Components Breakdown of the Video.

The Rules of the Contest are this, please make sure you read through them carefully:

1 Only one entry per person
2 You must post a comment in THIS thread with your list of the Top 3 Videos that I have made thus far in YOUR OPINION, and a very very very simple reason why you picked your #1 Video.
3Next, you must go to my Geeklist at Drakkenstrike's Components Breakdown Video Series in HD and thumbsup the three (3) Games that you listed as your Top 3 in my Video Series. thumbsup the Video only if you enjoyed it, comment only if you like, but it's not necessary.
4 The winner will be determined from the best COMMENT in THIS POST/THREAD as to why they liked a particular video, as well as whether or not they thumbsup the correct entries.

I do not want to hold this Contest for more than just a few days. I know the type of person that I am, and waiting out long, overdrawn Contests is always a chore for me personally. So I want this to be quick and painless so whomever wins can start enjoying their NEW game ASAP.

Therefore, the Contest will end on SUNDAY, NOV. 21st at 10:00 PM, so enter ASAP if you want to have a chance at winning.

One final note:
Again, similair to my other Contests, I sincerely apologize for having to charge for the Shipping Costs, but please realize that I am NOT a Corporation or have unlimited funds, I am a one man band here and am just trying to help out the community as best I can. Please no comments on Shipping Costs, I would like this to be a fun event for all whom participate.

Good Luck and Happy Guessing !!

Jeremy D. Salinas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Drakkenstrike's 4th Components Breakdown Video CONTEST ***STARTS TONIGHT***
Ok so here are my top 3 videos...

#3- Invasion from Outer Space: The Martian Game

#2- Stronghold

#1-Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

There's two of them and I like them both. This game has been one I have been wanting for a long time and I loved that you took the extra time to go into the game and game play and show off the components. Because of this video and your evolution in style to this point, you have become my first choice in whose videos I go to info about games, and I'm not just kissing up for a free game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gong
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Drakkenstrike's 4th Components Breakdown Video CONTEST ***STARTS TONIGHT***
Top three videos would be:

1. Stone Age - It was a game I thought I would never buy based on it having dice. Your enthusiasm towards the game during the video made me give it a try and is my gamer groups most requested now.

2. Stronghold

3. K2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Montoya
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
"LET'S PLAY BOARDGAMES!"
badge
The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 = Dakota ... I didn't have a clear picture of this game from all other info I could find, until this video. As always, your Components Breakdown explained and presented this game perfectly!

#2 = Egizia ... Sold me on this game instantly!

#3 = Constantinopolis ... I wondered if FFG could do my kind of euro and you showed me they could!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Leonard
United States
Massillon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 - Founding Fathers

2 - 51st State

1 - Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

I demo'd a prototype version of this game at Gen Con, but your 2-part video details both the game play and the components in such a way that I feel that I gained much more insight into the game by watching your video, than I did by playing the demo. Great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
#1:Betrayal at House on the Hill - Nice to put a face to the voice.

#2:Founding Fathers

#3 Washington's War
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty top 3...

#3 - Battles of Westeros

#2 - 7 Wonders

#1 - The Sid Meier Civilization Board Game series videos.

Why? I'm a sicko Civ fan, and you took my suggestion to break it up into two videos for more video goodness(okay..you really beat me to it). Great minds think a likewhistle You did a great job of breaking it down for so much game to cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tj
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#3 -- Betrayal at House on the Hill

#2 -- 7 Wonders

#1 -- Lords of Vegas

I bought Lords of Vegas because of your video, and I'm glad I did. Lords of Vegas has been a hit with every single person I have introduced it to. A Terrific game that would have passed under my radar if I had not subscribed to your Youtube channel. Keep up the great work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mb
3. Egizia/Middle-Earth Quest (tie)
2. Inca Empire
1. Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft (second review)

At first I thought I'd pick one that had an especially good explanation of the rules. Or maybe one that clued me into a game I didn't know much about (this won out for my #2 and #3 picks).

But the reason I picked your second Castle Ravenloft review is because you went the extra mile to provide something of great, great value to people who want to pimp this game. So often you see pictures on BGG of someone who has upgraded their game and wish you could do the same, but lack the knowledge or confidence to do it yourself.

The detailed information you provided on exactly which figures you obtained from the D&D Minis line, by set and number, was perfect. The careful camera work with the info simultaneously on-screen made me want to run out and buy all those miniatures myself, and I don't even have Castle Ravenloft! I wish every upgrade project would be as easy as you made this one.

Simply a stellar contribution to your fellow members.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Y
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#3. Stronghold

#2. Space Hulk

#1. Inca Empire

This is my favorite video in this series for a couple of reasons: first, you reviewed a game that I had never heard of -- not even the original game that Inca Empire is a revamp of. That's one of the great things about these type of reviews is it exposes the viewers to new games and genres.
Second, many of your videos have left me with, "wow, that game looks great. I need to check into it".
This video, however, is the first one to make me emphatically WANT a game to the point that I added it to the top of my acquisition list. Half way through this video, I knew that not only would I love the game, but that it would fit well with the people that I game with.

Thanks for the great contributions to this website and hobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Yim
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#3 - Betrayal At House on The Hill

#2 - Cyclades

#1 - Alien Frontiers

This is my all-time favourite board game video ever. Everything is well done; showing the components as well as a thorough explanation of the rules was great. I especially loved the choice in music and I think it made me want the game even more. I even went and looked for the song so i could listen to it on repeat. lol. I never even heard about this game until I saw this video and I absolutely fell in love with it. The theme and mechanics were exactly what I was looking for and I thank you for telling me about this game! Unfortunately I couldn't actually buy the game so i ended up making my own bootleg copy. Needless to say, my friends enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daryl gilroy
Canada
Cold Lake
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1- War of the Ring Collectors Edition
2- Sid Meier's Civilization
3- Inca Empire

I ended up choosing War of the Ring for the envy it invoked. An absolutly beautiful game and as a huge Tolkien fan this is the game that makes me wish I came into the (real) board game scene earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Saunders
United States
Baytown
Texas
flag msg tools
3. Dream Factory - it assisted me in deciding which version to purchase for my wife for Xmas - Hollywood Blockbuster or Dream Factory. Your video helped me get a closer look at Dream Factory and ultimately I decided there was not much of a difference between the two, so went with the cheaper Hollywood Blockbuster.

2. Egizia - such a beautiful thing to see in HD

1. Inca Empire - again I had a chance of buying Tahuantinsuyu for fairly cheap, but after seeing your video, I now know I have to get this superb version (it doesn't use crayons!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Friedberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

3 - Founding Fathers

2 - 51st State

1 - Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

Quite simple for me. Your 2 part Civ video was such a dedicated piece of work - that dedication shone through every crack. It was an excellent and epic video for an epic game. Just as I have mentioned once before: The truly SUPERB choice of music that is accompanied by your font choice perfectly harmonized with the game you reviewed. If this was too much praise.... it is deserved as I watch your videos more than once ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my top 3

3. Alien Frontiers

2. Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

1. 7 Wonders

Te 7 Wonders video is my favorite because the artwork for the game just looks so nice in HD. I had to add it to my wishlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddy Kilowatt
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Steal yo
badge
ur face
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen most of the videos in this series and looking through the list, trying to go back and experience most of them again in my mind, here is what I came up with:

#3 Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game - The effort you put into this is awe inspiring.

#2 War of the Ring Collector's Edition - This gorgeous game looks amazing in HD!

and the #1 video in Components Breakdown series is...

Stone Age - for the simple reason that your music choice using the theme from the Ringo Starr film Caveman was a brilliant choice which really struck a chord with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Brassard
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my picks:

#1 Alien Frontiers

#2 Middle-Earth Quest

#3 D&D: Castle Ravenloft

I want to start by saying it was really hard to pick any video over an other. All your component break-down vids are awsome and I blame you for making me spend a significant amount of my income on these games...*grumble**grumble*
That being said, Alien Frontiers would have to be my #1 - it looks like such a great game and every time I watch your video review or read about a play session or see pictures of the components, I curse myself for only learning about the game after-the-fact and not having been able to snag one of the original copies. Oh well, my name's on the list for the next print-run so I might just be able to stop drooling and start playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaniris Arif
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back Jeremy, I am glad that you are all feeling better and doing well. Thank you for your generous contest.

-#1- The Resistance
-#2- Betrayal
-#3- Dust Tactics [the first video of it]

First I should say that it was really hard to pick the top three because they are all my favorites- Honest.

Since you forced me to choose- My number one video is The Resistance because you blew me away, it is so commercial [compliment so don’t take it in a bad way] which is to say professional and just perfect. You really gave it your all here, the tone of your voice, the choice of music for the introduction and the quality of the video really shows the viewer how passionate you are and really want to give us an experience- You really delivered Jeremy, in all your videos.

Thanks again for this contest and I am really glad that you are back- keep healthy so that we can keep getting these fantastic videos.

Happy Thanksgiving :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jenkinson
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3.) Claustrophobia

2.) Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft (second review, pimped out version)

1.) Stronghold

I loved your Stronghold video because a game with such a beautiful board and components simply can't be fully appreciated without the HD treatment. Not only do we get closeup shots of every facet of the detailed board (oh, those little specks really are soldiers!) and other components, but we even receive a gameplay overview in the span of less than 13 minutes that leaves the viewer feeling like they almost understand this incredibly complex game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
ATLANTA
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My top three videos are:

Space Hulk
Civilization
Catacombs

Space Hulk is my favorite because the painting is so good on those minatures. It really makes me want to practice painting so I can make the attempt. I would really love it if you would get a video of the painter showing how she does some of those. Absolutely stunning work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wu
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my top 3:

#3 - Egizia (first review with rules of yours that I watched)

#2 - War of the Ring Collector's Edition (ultimate components, perfect for a components breakdown)

#1 - Merkator

This may be an odd reason for liking this review as my favorite, but it actually give me pause about buying this game. I love Le Havre, it's one of my favorites. I really like Agricola. I like Loyang. With the budget these days, I may not pick this game up based on your review. And when a review actually saves me money by steering me away from a game I'd otherwise pickup - that's a service. Thanks!

William
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan D
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My top 3 videos would be

1. 7 Wonders - for the awesome production value. From the soundtrack to the nice big golden letters and the close-up of the cards and bits, all feels like a cinematic experience. Just need to get my popcorn, relax in the comfy seat and hit play.
2. Ghost Stories - for changing my point of view on the game to a positive one
3. Cyclades - for the awesomeness of the game in HD

And a little haiku-try:
"Video is nice
HD is better, but best
with 7 Wonders"

Cheers and keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#3 - Cyclades - major factor in me getting this game

#2 - Sid Meier's Civilization - the game just looks to be great

#1 - Kingsburg

Your Kingsburg video is rougher than your newer vids, and doesn't contain the fancy special effects you use now. But it showcases a game you are very familiar with and enjoy a whole lot, which definitely comes through in your presentation. The enthusiasm in this video encapsulates what this whole series is about: you don't have an agenda, you just love games and want to share them with the world. And that is what keeps the viewers coming back for more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper L.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
3. Dust Tactics

2. 7 Wonders

1. Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

I liked the Civilization 4 music that was used -- a nice touch. Also, you managed show all the components really quickly and also packed in information about how things worked. You see in a lot of other videos of people just rambling on their thoughts of a game or just talking about a lot of fluff instead of focusing on a review or gameplay. Your reviews are collected and flows really well. I enjoyed the explanation of the a sample turn, even though you kind of confused me by calling the settlers scouts (I think).

Also, November 22 is my birthday :o

Anyways, good videos and keep up the good work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Snyder
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 - Founding Fathers
#2 - Inca Empire
#3 - Lords of Vegas

As you say in the video for Founding Fathers, "...a lot of good options, a lot of good choices...", the same can be said about trying to pick a favorite of your game videos. I'm going with Founding Fathers because it helped me decide to purchase this as a Christmas present for a relative who enjoys history and who will play an occasional game. With this game, maybe I can convert him to a true BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.