Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Mallory
United States
Brookfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a big stack of Crimson Skies stuff I got, and intended to play, and in the process, I stupidly opened...

red skull legion
broadway bombers
hollywood knights
fortune hunters
ace packs 1,2,3,4

sealed packs:
fortune hunters
red skull legion
ace packs 2&3

other items in lot:
BOOK: Behind the crimson veil
POSTER: Large 24x36(ish) Crimson Skies poster
Spicy Air Tales 1&2
Wings of Justice book1 (novel)
wings of fortune book1 (novel)

the main rules in the 2003 release, with the string closure are complete, and include:
Air Combat Quick Rules
Skills and equipment card
aces talents and abilities card
2 large foldout maps (airfield and zepplin are labeled in small text on one side, and white open area are on flip-side)

6x d6 dice (red w/ black pips - appear custom to this style)
2 packs Navigation Cards w/ string closure
1 pack tokens (unopened) w/ String closure (unopened, assuming unpunched since I bought this NEW)

I do have a copy of the FASA game of the same name floating around SOMEWHERE, but will need to do some more digging thru boxes, etc in order to find it... it had been re-boxed into a larger (deeper) box so that the original box and all assembled counters could be saved in one spot... I also remember having the other books for this, including a potential 2nd copy of behind the crimson veil, and the other books that were produced... I'll have to dig, but please GeekMail me if there is interest...

is there interest in this lot as a set? should I just cross my fingers to the ebay gods, or should I geekbay it and pick a number... I'm not going to let this lot go for cheap, but I don't think I'm a penny pincher either... I'd rather a game gets played, and I seem to have collected more than played this title... thoughts? please comment or GM me, and I'll be more than happy to reply, take pics, and email you, etc... for the moment, this stuff is spread out on a large table in the basement behind a cat-resistant screen so it should be safe, but I don't want to let it sit too long in the open or it might catch some dust... I look forward to comments/suggestions/offers.

-Garfield227
(and yes, I plan on digging up other treasures I've collected over the years from my basement... I need to clear some space, and hopefully generate some goodwill with the wife to get some new PLAYABLE games that I can share with the wife and the in-laws)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep an active eye on CS stuff, so I'll throw in my two cents...

I've seen the rules, Aces and squad packs go for .99 cents each on eBay. The exception to that are the Black Swans and Sky Enforcers packs. The Swans can go for a good price (i.e., chance them separately on eBay). Sky Enforcers I've seen recently for $5.

The books can go for $3-$5 each. I've seen them go for less and for more. FWIW, the novels were never completed as sets in English. German, yes. The Crimson Veil book is the one that's 'hot'. Of all the source books, it's the one I'd sell separately from the rest. The poster is a nice novelty, but I don't know how much it's worth.

A complete FASA game (base game + all source books) can go for good money! The killer is if you totally ditched the original box and the condition of the cardboard planes.

If you are adamant about selling them all as a lot, I'd say $100ish is fair. If you have Swans (you didn't say you did), then I'd say $130ish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mallory
United States
Brookfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I picked this up, the swans hadn't come out yet, and I was in the process of moving, and other stuff came up... all I have is what's listed above... I'm still pokin' around for the FASA version... I'm pretty sure it's "In A Box Somewhere"(R)

Thanks for the estimate on the lot - if I can find the FASA version, I'll take a few pics and attach to this thread, along with a couple overview shots of this whole lot... I have a feeling it's going to be a nice xmas for some CS fan(s)...

hopefully anyhow!

-Garfield227
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mallory
United States
Brookfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, for those interested, I did find my Crimson Skies FASA version...

I took a few pics to help me determine what I did, and did not have in the box along with it...

it appears that there are 2 of the smaller books, and a d10 that aren't in the box I used to store the game... I know I've seen the rules books around, and with them being the smaller size, it's possible they got mixed in with computer related books like motherboard manuals, etc...

I had to do a pack-n-move job to protect items from a potential flood in the basement, and although everything is safe, and stored with cinder block bases now, I had to empty a bookcase full of RPG materials that had these, as well as some PC related stuff... it's possible I will find these shortly, but I wanted to let those who were listening know what I did and didn't find as of now.

pics available upon request... I'll likely find the books with the rest of the CS supplement materials... I was working on a project to compile all the planes and create a database/spreadsheet to organize all that data for easy reference...

(I can even see in my minds eye the shelf with all this stuff on it, I just wish we hadn't had that small flood where I had to re-pack all this stuff... it makes it hard to find things when they're stuck in boxes!!!)

-Garfield227

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petru5 wrote:

A complete FASA game (base game + all source books) can go for good money! The killer is if you totally ditched the original box and the condition of the cardboard planes.

Hmmm. I'm a little torn. It's kind of cool to know that my box of the original FASA base game might be worth something at least to someone besides me, but I always find it a little depressing that such a great game is so hard to find these days and never ever coming back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mallory
United States
Brookfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnluckyNumber wrote:
Petru5 wrote:

Hmmm. I'm a little torn. It's kind of cool to know that my box of the original FASA base game might be worth something at least to someone besides me, but I always find it a little depressing that such a great game is so hard to find these days and never ever coming back.

On the plus side - be glad you got a chance to play it, like I did, and if you ever feel the need to do a spring cleaning, just know that it will probably only go up in value...

I kept my original box right next to the 'replacement' box I used so that I'd be sure to not lose it... the 'replacement' box was a reseller kit from novell... has a nice double-flap opening design, and was a great way to protect the fragile little cardboard planes...

I'll post a few pics to my gallery here later today so you can see what I'm talking about.

I still haven't found my other source books (and not for lack of digging either)

if anyone has any requests for anything, let me know, as I am going to be digging up misc stuff and trying to get it out before we have to move... the house is up for sale, and I have a wife who isn't able to do stairs anymore - so we need to ditch a few(read a LOT) of things, and I've been collecting what she would call 'crap' for quite some time...

other hobbies I've had include RPG's painting mini's and HO Scale Trains, boardgames, as well as computers, and other miscellany

Please feel free to send me a GM if you have anything on your wishlist or in mind that you want this xmas, cause there's a decent chance I might have something I'm willing to part with... and since we'll be moving, I'd rather stuff go to a home where it will get collected or used, rather than into a garage sale or ebay where it will go who-knows-where...

-Garfield227

Oh, side/off topic note: I have a few p4-3ghz tower systems (tower only) that I will be selling off that were built as lab machines for a local school, but they upgraded. If anyone needs a decent pc-tower, let me know and I'll get you specs, and BGG gets a 3% cut!

-Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.