Sequence» Forums » Rules

Subject: Why don't you count 6 in a row as two sets of 5 sequences rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dither Dither
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought this game today and was playing with my young son. In the second game, he managed to construct a 6 in as row sequence.

Now, this could be considered as being 2 overlapping 5 chip sequences.

The rules are fairly sparse, but the strict definition is a sequence is "a connected series of five of the same colour marker chip in a straight line ...".

If the definition was modified to " .. five or more .." then it would be clearer that you cannot overlap sequences in the same direction.

Im guessing the later definition applies, would would be grateful for clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that you may only use one chip of an existing 5-chip-row in your second 5-chip-row. Anything else would be too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that a sequence may only contain one space that is part of another sequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dither Dither
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grape Ape wrote:
The rules state that a sequence may only contain one space that is part of another sequence.

Your right - - its in the Table Talk section right at the end of my version of the rules - - I kept missing it!

I noted from a previous thread that someone contacted Jax to clarify a rule, and they responded. I did the same - and also got a quick response!

So, kudos to Cindy from Jax (the game manufacturers) for not only responding quickly, but also constructively.

As instead of saying "its in the rules you fool", she pointed out (for me) the non-obvious fact that you actually need 9 in a row to get two sets of 5 sequences!.

So, case closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.