United States
Mustang
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD !!!
badge
100 geek gold and this is all I get? :p
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone importing this to the US? I've got to get a copy of this for my nieces. IT's the funniest thing ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon.de? Import it Yourself! http://www.amazon.de/Goliath-30591006-Kackel-Dackel/dp/B003C...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Peartree
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered from Amazon.de, $62 for two copies including shipping. Not cheap, but reasonable compared to Amazon.co.uk at $49 each!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion thats a good deal. I looked up Spiele Offensive and they sold it for 29 Euros. Amazon has i for 20 so there is a 30 % difference. And amazon has flat rate shipping to the us. Though You should have gotten Looping Louie too :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coquetbell wrote:
I just ordered from Amazon.de

OK, I just did that too. I hope it works out as well as my last attempt to decipher German!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
coquetbell wrote:
I just ordered from Amazon.de

OK, I just did that too. I hope it works out as well as my last attempt to decipher German!

I think the rules are pretty simple.

This is what I've understood the rules to be:

Load the food in the mouth, put the plug in, roll the die and squeeze the handle that number of times. It the poop comes out on your turn after squeezing, you get the point. I think you get 3 poops and win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed thats what I gathered from the video. I will post translated rules after I get my game. The rules are a little shorter than in a typical wargame and the strategy is not quite as deep as in Puerto Rico so You may be able to manage it. Then on the other hand analysis paralysis shouldnt be that big of a problem. Lastly it has a roll and move mechanic - though on another level: The game designer (btw who was the designer. Rainer Knizia? I didnt find a designer metioned on the box) has beefed up the tried and tested roll and move mechanic and its now a three step mechanic: Roll, squeeze and fart. But basically its a mechanic that should be familiar to all Monopoly players so most people can relate to their experience in this game and cope with the step up in game play. All in all its manageable in my opinion..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeenu wrote:
Indeed thats what I gathered from the video. I will post translated rules after I get my game. The rules are a little shorter than in a typical wargame and the strategy is not quite as deep as in Puerto Rico so You may be able to manage it. Then on the other hand analysis paralysis shouldnt be that big of a problem. Lastly it has a roll and move mechanic - though on another level: The game designer (btw who was the designer. Rainer Knizia? I didnt find a designer metioned on the box) has beefed up the tried and tested roll and move mechanic and its now a three step mechanic: Roll, squeeze and fart. But basically its a mechanic that should be familiar to all Monopoly players so most people can relate to their experience in this game and cope with the step up in game play. All in all its manageable in my opinion..

There's also a definite dexterity component. Squuezing too hard could result in more fart and less poop. It can reward finesse and steady hand control. You may even be able to add some english and start your squeeze slowly and then at the right time, force a a power squeeze finish that can shoot the poop up to three feet away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
I hope it works out as well as my last attempt to decipher German!

I think the rules are pretty simple.

No, I mean I hope ordering it works out. I had to run everything through Google Translate, so hopefully I didn't mistakenly order a freight container full of them. Or a bunch of real Dachshunds... I have to admit, I thought it was a little weird that when you go to order a child's toy, you can't just click on a picture of the toy, you have to click on a bunch of pictures of naked women holding the toy (and what looked like real dog poop, what was up with that??) but I guess they do things a little differently in Germany!

One other thing which struck me as weird was the precision of the final price. I get that 47.579,99 is about 48 euro, or about $64, but do they really deal in hundred-thousandths of a euro? I guess if they do enough transactions, they make a little extra money from rounding to the nearest euro-cent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

No, I mean I hope ordering it works out. I had to run everything through Google Translate, so hopefully I didn't mistakenly order a freight container full of them. Or a bunch of real Dachshunds...

One other thing which struck me as weird was the precision of the final price. I get that 47.579,99 is about 48 euro, or about $64, but do they really deal in hundred-thousandths of a euro? I guess if they do enough transactions, they make a little extra money from rounding to the nearest euro-cent?

Actually that's how they write 47,579.99 euros in Germany. You clearly did buy a freight container full of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
myles
United States
Mustang
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD !!!
badge
100 geek gold and this is all I get? :p
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still just a roll and move game, but now it's roll and Bowel-move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Peartree
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coquetbell wrote:
I just ordered from Amazon.de, $62 for two copies including shipping. Not cheap, but reasonable compared to Amazon.co.uk at $49 each!

Just an FYI for those interested in ordering: I ordered Saturday, November 27th, and the package arrived on Monday, December 13. Right at two weeks, if you don't count the weekend.

Also, I've added my attempt at a rules translation in the Files section. The rules themselves are fairly self-explanatory, but there were a few useful care and maintenance comments.

My kids, especially the 8 y/o love it, by the way. The sound effects really are impressive. I'm glad I bought the second one as a gift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl T
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ebay Xmas lunacy = $130 !!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oups thats crazy. You could almost fly over, visit a christmas market and a toy store and have money left over...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.