Subject: Worse Customer Support Ever Meets Best Customer Service Ever rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Li
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
So I bought a copy of the PitchCar expansion, brand spanking new, from a FLGS. I brought it home, and noticed that the game only came with 7 long rails. Looking at the BGG forums, I noticed that many fellow geeks complained about the rail distribution. (5 long and 7 short as opposed to 7 long and 5 short). Well, I recieved 7 long rails, and zero short rails! In addition, I had no "bottlenecking" curved rail straightaway at all, but THREE straight pieces for crossroads! I was not happy. I emailed Ferti, explaining that I was missing some rails. The rep wrote this to me this morning:

"Hi,

It is not possible. Each box must contain 5 long and 7 short rails (there is a mistake on the rule, the good distribution is on the back of the box).

So, your "7 LONG rails" are not possible. 5 perhaps, but not 7."

I was incensed. "Not possible"? This letter not only does not address my concern, but damn near calls me a liar. Why the hell would I steal your stupd rails? I shot them another email, with no response.

With no other recourse, I phoned the FLGS that I bought the game from. I wasn't expecting much, but the owner told me that he was going to give me his PERSONAL rails, and get FRED Distribution to send him some new ones. That way, I get my rails without having to wait for weeks.

I was esctatic. It was truly the best outcome. I'm going to pick the rails up from him tomorrow, and probably a game or two for what is probably the best customer service I've ever received.

Here's a plug for this great store: http://www.cravingforagame.ca/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Redmon
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
We'll see.
badge
Bro, why you so mad?
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there some kind of stereotype about the French being rude? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Completely agree, had a couple of run-ins with them myself and they are nothing if not rude!

Susie_Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.