Subject: Release Date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike T
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
Any word on the release date on this exp?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
We are trying for spring 2011 (May).

- Kris Gould
Wattsalpoag Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kris,

Looks like this will include the Jet Set: Investor & Business Expansion expansion cards... which just became available in the BGG Store, ie. see "Now in Stock: Jet Set: Investor & Business Expansion (Wattsalpoag Games)"

Any rough idea of MSRP for this "Set 1" expansion that includes the I&B expansion as I don't want to blow $5 on the I&B alone if I plan to get this set 1 that includes it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
From what I heard it is supposed to include those 2 and 3 new expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thenettavenner wrote:
From what I heard it is supposed to include those 2 and 3 new expansions.

isn't that what I said what i'm curious about is what the msrp may be for this "set 1" expansion ... to know if it's worth just getting the I&B cards from the bgg store, or to wait and get it as part of this set. don't know what my price point is yet though that I'd just opt for the I&B from bgg store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, Jeff, the Investor & Business cards injects some money and adds some suspense. I got mine directly from Wattsalpoag at GenCon Indy Origins 2010. If, as in this case (and several others), I already have the exclusive expansion, I'm annoyed to discover that it's included in a subsequent one; however, I moderate that frustration easily, because if I hadn't managed to get the exclusive item, I am very relieved to have it included. Of course, the nuisance of already having it is proportional to how hard I worked to get the exclusive, how many people I bothered in the process, and how much I spent on it.
So, should you buy it or wait? :shrug: It's the reason I didn't respond when you first posted. I was hoping someone else would have more information.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot the end of one of my sentences: I'm happy that everyone gets access to the exclusive items. Exclusive items are cruel, cruel torture, and I don't think Wattsalpoag intended theirs to be exclusive. The mini-expansion was readily available to convention attendees, and now they've made it available through BGG. My guess is that they had good ideas for those two types of cards, and then had even more, grander ideas for others after they printed up a bunch. 1vp1vp1vp to Wattsalpoag!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
zefquaavius wrote:
For what it's worth, Jeff, the Investor & Business cards injects some money and adds some suspense. I got mine directly from Wattsalpoag at GenCon Indy 2010. If, as in this case (and several others), I already have the exclusive expansion, I'm annoyed to discover that it's included in a subsequent one; however, I moderate that frustration easily, because if I hadn't managed to get the exclusive item, I am very relieved to have it included. Of course, the nuisance of already having it is proportional to how hard I worked to get the exclusive, how many people I bothered in the process, and how much I spent on it.
So, should you buy it or wait? :shrug: It's the reason I didn't respond when you first posted. :D I was hoping someone else would have more information.

Yeah that someone isn't me....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Distant Lands part of the expansion set adds some new flavor into the mix, whereas most of the other stuff adds to already used stuff e.g. route cards. The rules for the expansion set would be nice to peruse while waiting for the release date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
We are getting translations into German and French right now. But the English rule book is done. I have submitted it as a file to BGG, and it should be there any time now. Not all the final graphics are in (esp. pg. 7) but all the text is there, and most of the graphics.

I'm sorry that those of you who already have the Business and Investor cards will find duplicates of these in the expansion. We never intended for these to be exclusive, and just handed them out as a preview of part of the expansion to come. We did tweak a few of the Business cards between the preview cards and the final version.

In addition to the Investor and Business cards, the expansion contains Distant Lands (a major expansion with two small boards and Flight cards), Hubs (another expansion with both plastic and die-cut markers), and additional Short, Long, and Final Flight cards. This adds up to four expansions that add to game play, and a complete set of additional Flight cards.

MSRP is currently set at $24.00.

And we hope to have it in hand at Origins this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news, Kris! See? I knew you had good intentions with the B&I cards. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KrisWattsalpoag wrote:
And we hope to have it in hand at Origins this year.

So do I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KrisWattsalpoag wrote:
I'm sorry that those of you who already have the Business and Investor cards will find duplicates of these in the expansion. We never intended for these to be exclusive, and just handed them out as a preview of part of the expansion to come. We did tweak a few of the Business cards between the preview cards and the final version.

Any idea if the B&I decks BGG is selling in the bgg store are the preview versions or the final version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd assume they're the preview (read: exclusive, limited edition ) versions I have from Origins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the update Kris, it is very much appreciated! Really looking forward to this expansion, as we recently bought Jet Set and enjoy it quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quote:
I'd assume they're the preview (read: exclusive, limited edition ) versions I have from Origins.

That is correct, Nathan. The final versions of the cards have not been printed yet.

- Kris Gould
Wattsalpoag Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
FYI: The files have now been sent to LudoFact China, and we are expecting proofs soon.

- Kris Gould
Wattsalpoag Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I think we have been backburnered in China, and so we will have to have a special (read: "expensive") drop shipment made in order to have them at Origins. By regular shipping, the rest of the games should be at the distributors sometime in July (we hope). Which probably means they will appear in online stores in late July, and at your FLGS in August.

Sorry about the delays. We are at the mercy of the manufacturers.

- Kris Gould
Wattsalpoag Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
According to our manufacturer, the games have shipped to Columbus, and are sitting in the Origins advance warehouse. So they will be available at Origins next week.

See you there!

- Kris Gould
Wattsalpoag Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yippee! I never imagined that so many Distant Lands were so close by!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Broen Thorning
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KrisWattsalpoag wrote:
According to our manufacturer, the games have shipped to Columbus, and are sitting in the Origins advance warehouse. So they will be available at Origins next week.

See you there!

- Kris Gould
Wattsalpoag Games

So... when can we expect to see it in Europe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it out already? Come on, owners, give us pics!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
blush Good call, Filipe. I shall do that this evening....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so I'm a day late, but here are some images:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eder
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to see if there was any update on the release in NA. Couldnt make it to Origins, so I am waiting patiently for it to arrive on my doorstep.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Well, the shipment was stuck for a month at the China docks, due to some paperwork problems. But now it's proceeding on its slow journey to the U.S.A. Should be here by mid to late August, and then from the distributors to the game stores.

We have just lost our flooring and distributing in Europe, so we are desperately looking for somewhere in Europe to send the games. No promising leads yet.

We have a few copies that got delivered directly to the office, but not enough to supply game stores. We just have to wait.

- Kris Gould
Wattsalpoag Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.