Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lewandowski
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still looking forward to this one. Any update out there?

I hope they are going to do this expansion similar to the Hold the Line - French & Indian War expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
facebook.com/HistoricalBoardGames
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to see a p500 type order on this. I think this expansion will be driven by demand. Im definitely interested. HTL rocks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I also hope we'll see a War of 1812 HtL expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone thought of using units from another game that would match to make scenarios etc?
Didnt clash for a continent have some 1812 stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenarios are almost complete. We have been working out how to deal with the superior American firepower and morale. This game will probably be a complete boxed game instead of an expansion with its own game maps for each scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lewandowski
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But in the Hold the Line mold, not the Napoleon's War mold? i.e. no minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Grant,

I don't know how I fit in with the masses or not, but I greatly prefer the Hold the Line format to the 100 Days format for a couple of reasons:

1) Variable terrain allows for many more scenarios in the box for the same price. Napoleon's War: 100 Days includes 4 scenarios for $69.95 msrp. Hold the Line ships has a dozen scenarios for $49.95. HtL French&Indian Expansion: 5 Scenarios for $20. Napoleon's War expansions: 4 scenarios for $25. Variable terrain also allows for homemade scenarios, or for you to release bonus ones online like you did with the 2 free French and Indian war ones on the Worthington website.

2) I like the counters better than the minis in every way. I think functionally they communicate information better and artistically they look better. Economically they allow for you to make special units (indians, rangers, etc) without coming up with new sculpts or using cardboard markers anyway.

I know Napoleon's war is the newer game, but I really hope you continue to support Hold the Line with expansions that are compatible with the rules AND the components. I can see the appeal of not having to spend time setting up the map each time, but the maps for each battle and minis raise the price and greatly reduce variability/replayability. I much prefer the HtL format even if I have to spend a few more minutes setting up the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will second that. I would love to see the HTL series expand in user created scenarios, and the flexability of making this a limitless game play. The HTL Counters are great too. Easy to read and nice looking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be counters, not minis for the game units. The maps now are planned to be like Napoleon's War. Matching the HTL production style is not possible as HTL was made in Germany and we now make our games in the USA. We may see if the HTL boards could be used with some of the scenarios too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Harrison
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Matching the HTL production style is not possible as HTL was made in Germany and we now make our games in the USA.

Will the counters still be made in Germany, the quality of HTL rocks and is a major reason why I purchased it in addition to Clash/Glory.

If cost is a problem, then check out 'Panda Games (http://www.pandagm.com/) in China. The quality is on par with German production but I suspect the cost is lower (they did 'War of the Roses', 'Alien Frontier'. Pandemic and many others).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We will be doing our counters in the USA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Yes, thanks for the info Grant. I'm curious how producing the game in the US means you can't do the board and tiles like Hold the Line. If you did Mexican war like the French and Indian expansion, you don't even need a board. Just the counters and any expansion terrain tiles.

Is there a board game production gap between the US and Germany? If there is we need to put some TOP MEN on rectifying the issue post haste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Harrison
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pity that this won't be compatible with the existing HTL system.

I really liked the Indian Wars expansion and was hoping this would be more of the same - Preferably done by exactly the same manufacturer, to maintain the same component size, weight, colour etc. of the rest of the series.

What about 'For Queen and Country' ? I was kinda hoping the manufacturing quality of HTL was setting the new standard and we would see FQaC with similar component quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The cost of German production plus shipping make the games made in Germany very costly to produce. We like to keep the costs down for our customers and prefer to support USA jobs where possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So the same production capabilities don't exist in the US?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cartking24 wrote:
The cost of German production plus shipping make the games made in Germany very costly to produce. We like to keep the costs down for our customers and prefer to support USA jobs where possible.

That's gonna need some explanation ... You really can't find German quality printing in the US? Really?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Could you explain the keeping costs down part a bit more too please? As I showed earlier in the thread, Napoleon's War is much more expensive for someone buying the game then Hold the Line. Now costs and pricing are two different things of course. Are you selling Hold the Line at a loss now? How do the minis vs counters figure into cost? I assumed minis would be more, is that correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Grant,
Is there any projected time frame for the Mexican-American War module?

In addition, do you still have plans for the "Wars of America" series you contemplated at one time? I'm particularly interested in the Plains Wars, Spanish-American, Philippine-Moro, and Pershing-Villa settings.

Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.