3 Posts

Advanced Heroquest: Terror In The Dark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Magic Jewel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boonim Poot
msg tools
I have a couple of questions about magic jewels, in particular spell jewels:

1) Can anyone use them or only a wizard?

2) If the spell that the jewel casts would normally require an intelligence test, does the intelligence test need to be taken when using the jewel or does it automatically cast?

The only thing that the rules say is that the spell jewels act like magic wands which can only be used by wizards, but I don't know if it's different because it's a jewel and not a wand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, my brothers and I played it where it was the same as a wand (just in a different form) i.e. it's only used by wizards. Our back story reasoning was that only a wizard would have the arcane knowledge to extract the spell and cast it.

It's not like is has a big button on it that says "press to cast fireball" then written in tiny hard to read script is another note "aim pointy end away from casters body"

This wasn't an official ruling though. Just something we decided while playing. However, that still doesn't mean you couldn't go the other way and say it's available to all character types, or even go 50/50 - Only allow elves and wizards to use jewels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonim Poot
msg tools
Haha, I would love it if it did have "Aim pointy end this way" written on it!

I wasn't sure if the fact that they would pass an intelligence test would mean that they were clever enough to extract the spell from it, but I think you're right. After all, the rules say to treat it like a magic wand - which can only be used by wizards.

Thanks for the response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.