Subject: Question about tied influence when Carolus Magnus lands rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 4 castles on an island but I've lost my influence majority. Carolus Magnus lands, I'm third in influence but the other 2 players are tied. What happens?

Do I remove my castles or, since no player has a majority, everything stays unchanged and I get to keep them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
badge
"No matter how low your opinion of Washington DC, it's nothing compared to Washington DC's low opinion of you."
mb
pitris wrote:
I have 4 castles on an island but I've lost my influence majority. Carolus Magnus lands, I'm third in influence but the other 2 players are tied. What happens?

Do I remove my castles or, since no player has a majority, everything stays unchanged and I get to keep them?

When there is no majority, everything stays the same.

Normally, the castles of the loser are replaced by the castles of the winner. But in this case there is no one with a majority so everything remains as is, including yours. cool Yay for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
pitris wrote:

mmmh I am confused by your "I have 4 castles".

The rules state " ...To determine this, each player counts the paladins of colors he controls. The one who controls the most paladins in a region without a castle, builds a castle..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"No matter how low your opinion of Washington DC, it's nothing compared to Washington DC's low opinion of you."
mb
dwrigley wrote:
pitris wrote:

The rules state " ...To determine this, each player counts the paladins of colors he controls. The one who controls the most paladins in a region without a castle, builds a castle..."

Right, but even after you build castles in an area, you have to maintain control over that area by maintaining control of the cubes in that area.

If you own four castles in an area, but there are three yellow cubes and two red cubes in an area, and you don't control yellow and red, when Charlemagne lands on that area, your four castles will be replaced by the castles of the person who does control them.

(For this reason, creating ties can be helpful.)

Four castles in one area seems to suggest that the game is drawing toward a close, so you could lose the game by losing those castles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
dwrigley wrote:
pitris wrote:

Right, but even after you build castles in an area, you have to maintain control over that area by maintaining control of the cubes in that area.

If you own four castles in an area, but there are three yellow cubes and two red cubes in an area, and you don't control yellow and red, when Charlemagne lands on that area, your four castles will be replaced by the castles of the person who does control them.

(For this reason, creating ties can be helpful.)

Four castles in one area seems to suggest that the game is drawing toward a close, so you could lose the game by losing those castles.

...aah yes... when the areas have been merged, resulting in multiple castles. Stupid me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
dwrigley wrote:
...aah yes... when the areas have been merged, resulting in multiple castles. Stupid me!

Oh . . . blush

Okay, now I understand your question. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.