Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I created a 20x20 combat odds grid to be used to look up the combat odds based on the attacker vs. defender combat factors. It is here:

Perikles Combat Odds Grid

Let me know if you notice any inaccuracies.

Regards,
Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
veritas nos liberabit
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
Nice, this will definitely come in handy. I am to sure how it would look when printed in B&W, though.

I haven't scrutinized it but could you please confirm that you followed these rules when creating the table:
* if a ratio falls between columns of the CRT table, players use the column which is closer to 1:1,
* if a ratio matches to columns (like 2 against 4 which matches -2 and 2:1 columns) than players use the column which favors the defender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the following, so confirmed by Mr. Wallace himself in another thread by another user, so I cannot vouch for it, but:

- compare the attacker/defender ratio of strengths, and also the attacker-defender difference
- if just one column matches exactly, use it (of course!)
- if 2 columns match exactly (e.g., 4:2 or 2:4), use the column furthest from the center (1:1) column
- if you're between 2 columns, use the one closest to the center (1:1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
veritas nos liberabit
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
markgravitygood wrote:
- if 2 columns match exactly (e.g., 4:2 or 2:4), use the column furthest from the center (1:1) column

Really, is it so? This makes a perfect sense but I remember reading somewhere that in such scenario it is the defender that is favored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the rules state clearly on page 5 that "the player with the greater combat strength must use the column that is most favorable to them if more than one column fits the situation."

Therefore, that would be the column furthest from the center. Note the only case this is true is 4:2 or 2:4, having both +2/-2 and 2:1/1:2 odds. In both cases you'd use the column furthest from center, or 2:1 in the case of 4 vs. 2, or 1:2 in the case of 2 vs. 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.