Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My main game partner is my wife and so we mainly play 2 player games. The main things that I look for when getting something for us is that its fun, scales well to 2 players, fast and good components.

My wife's family rents a mountain cabin every year. One year when I went with them, we found this sitting on the pile of games and gave it a shot. Since then we've made our own copy and then bought a real copy. This is definitely a keeper.

Gameplay: As with most good strategy games, the rules are simple. The game uses the equivalent of 2 decks of standard playing cards as well as a board that has the same cards arranged in a grid. During your turn you discard a card from your hand and place a token of your color on a corresponding space. The object is to create lines of 5 tokens on the board.

The game presents plenty of opportunities to block your opponent and even remove one of their tokens from the board, which we find very intense and exciting. Its always important to keep a keen eye on the board and watch for any potential lines of 5 that you may be missing.

Components: Nothing fantastic here, but it holds together well. Standard decks of cards, small plastic tokens and a standard board. There's nothing amazing or breathtaking about any artwork, but that works for me. Anything more could potentially get too distracting.

Good for 2-Players: The game is designed for 2 or 3 players/teams. Its works very well with just 2 players. The small board and the random cards always ensure that we're fighting over the same spots and competition gets fierce.

Time: Games go by pretty quickly. W're usually able to finish around 20 minutes or so which is perfect because the loser usually demands an immediate rematch.

Sequence gets a . Its a solid strategy game thats a lot of fun to play. There's nothing really wrong with it, but it doesn't shine like other games we've discovered since we found this.

----------
For more articles and reviews, please visit d8bit.blogspot.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Larson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds about right. Decent game, though there are better 2P games out there. (I recommend Aton).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sequence was technically the game that led to my reintroduction to gaming. When I joined my current company in 2005 my teammates played Sequence at lunch. After playing a few games I Googled "Sequence" and what do you think one of the top returns was?

Google wrote:
Sequence | Board Game | BoardGameGeek
Sequence is a board and card game. The board shows all the cards (except for the Jacks) of
two (2) standard 52-card decks, laid in a 10 x 10 pattern.

Info - Desc - Marketplace - More Info
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2375/sequence - Cached

The rest, as they say, is history! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.