Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! I finally figured out how to store Pandemic + P:OtB in the same box and actually have the box close the whole way!

Using the original Pandemic box:

It all revolves around taking the pawns and research stations out of the petri dish and putting them into baggies (store that other petri dish with the expansion box or throw it away haha). Then arrange the other petri dishes in the box as follows (on top of the game board, instructions, and bioterrorist pad):

[ ][ ]
.O O
.. O
.O O

with the cards at the top of the box in two stacks (indicated by the '[][]') it barely fits! Put the pawn baggie, the research baggie, and the baggie containing the various tokens (cure, outbreak, infection) wherever you can fit them in the spaces between the petri dishes...and Voila!

You now have a box that closes all the way!

EDIT* Made the graphic appear semi-correct using periods for formatting purposes. If you're interested I can probably snap a pic of the box layout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This example basically worked for me, getting all the petri dishes in. You need to have six small piles of cards on top of the dishes, instead of 2 large ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@steve yeah, that's how I store it, 6 petri dishes, cards on top as fits... cards are sleeved, so I don't use bags for them, but otherwise essentially the same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leacock
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto. All 6 petri dishes are on the bottom layer, then the cards, then the paper items and board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklin Millar
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for this. I actually ended up taking out two petri dishes and throwing the purple cubes in with the yellows (with the cards in bags I stole from Stone Age). It's not even a particularly tight fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this last night, but with my cards in tuckboxes, it's a little tougher - I ended up getting it to mostly fit using the OP's system. The box lid almost closes - alot better than with all 6 petri dishes in it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loose Cannon
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are there six petre dishes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlimJim wrote:
Why are there six petre dishes?

One for each of the 5 colors and another one for the pawns and the research stations (this is the one I exclude in my storage solution).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Ross
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mb
Not sure if anyone subscribed to this thread so I don't know if anyone will see it but I plan on buying a silver briefcase and foam then cutting out circles for the petri dishes on one side and spots for the cards and board and rules on the other side with maybe a mesh cover to hold it all in place. I want to paint a biohazard warning on the outside and put handcuffs on the handle to make it extra freaky. I have to say I love this game after only playing it a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
youarenotwill wrote:
Not sure if anyone subscribed to this thread so I don't know if anyone will see it but I plan on buying a silver briefcase and foam then cutting out circles for the petri dishes on one side and spots for the cards and board and rules on the other side with maybe a mesh cover to hold it all in place. I want to paint a biohazard warning on the outside and put handcuffs on the handle to make it extra freaky. I have to say I love this game after only playing it a few times.

I have everything but the bio sticker to do this now. Great idea. If I get motivated I'll report back how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Ross
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mb
I couldn't find a metallic briefcase so I got an old fashioned professor bag and plan on making a tray to store the dishes that can go inside the bag and then the rules and such in the divider for papers. Maybe or I will keep looking for a metallic briefcase and use the aforementioned professor bag for myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up metallic brifcases at Lowe's just a couple years back for relatively cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Ross
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mb
I just realized I have a medical styrofoam cooler in my backroom and everything fit in perfectly and creepily. I just need a biohazard sticker!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll send you my address for shipping once you get the sticker applied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Curtis
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools

Yes! This organization is a lifesaver. Now we don't need to drag out two game boxes every time we play Pandemic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Ross
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mb
I accidentally wound up tearing the board a little because it fit too perfectly. But I fixed it with not cosmetic damage, I'm good at that sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blevin Levin

San Jose
California
msg tools
mbmb
Like everyone else, I was confused about how to cleanly fit the expansion into the original box. And I wanted to be able to use the tuck boxes to keep the cards organized. The solution I came up with ended up matching the one from this thread, but with one small note to add...

I ended up putting petri dishes 1-4 face up and the 5th dish (the middle one) face down (the 6th dish won't fit when using the tuck boxes). The lid of the middle dish fits underneath the lids of the other 4 dishes. With the middle dish face down, the dishes all sit perfectly flat in the box. Everything ends up with a nice amount of wiggle room and the manuals sit easily on top. The OTB manual goes on top of the dishes and the original manual goes on top of the that. The lid fits on top with plenty of room to spare!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.