Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Boyle
United States
Belzoni
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I have some questions concerning the "Ebola" Card on "One World Dominion":

1. The original card says that if you roll one die and the result is 1, 2, or 3, only the target area is affected. (Ex. if you are in control of the Western United States and you plan to attack the Eastern United States and a 1,2,or 3 come up, that means the Eastern US is attacked). Is this correct?

2. At first the card says if the die shows 4 or 5, the virus escapes and affects every area on a random continent, which is determined by drawing, and then discarding a card. However, the card errata says that if the die roll is 4 or 5, the target area is affected only if it is on the randomly selected continent. I'm confused on the meaning of this. (Ex. if I get a card that says "Western Europe", does it only affect Western Europe)?

3. If the result is 6, the virus affects every area on the map. I know that it will kill half the armies on the map. Would that include any of your armies as well, or do your armies stay intact (Ex. I'm the blue player, use the ebola card, and roll a 6, do I lose any armies as well or am I immune to the ebola card)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Turner
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Jay,

Excellent questions. There just isn't enough room on those cards to squeeze in enough information.

MisterJB wrote:
1. The original card says that if you roll one die and the result is 1, 2, or 3, only the target area is affected. (Ex. if you are in control of the Western United States and you plan to attack the Eastern United States and a 1,2,or 3 come up, that means the Eastern US is attacked). Is this correct?

Yes, this is correct. The Eastern United States will lose 1/2 its armies.

MisterJB wrote:
2. At first the card says if the die shows 4 or 5, the virus escapes and affects every area on a random continent, which is determined by drawing, and then discarding a card. However, the card errata says that if the die roll is 4 or 5, the target area is affected only if it is on the randomly selected continent. I'm confused on the meaning of this. (Ex. if I get a card that says "Western Europe", does it only affect Western Europe)?

Ignore the errata. It was meant to clear up another question but appears to have made things worse.
If you get a card that says "Western Europe", all of Europe is affected. If you get a card that says "Congo", all of Africa is affected, and so on.

MisterJB wrote:
3. If the result is 6, the virus affects every area on the map. I know that it will kill half the armies on the map. Would that include any of your armies as well, or do your armies stay intact (Ex. I'm the blue player, use the ebola card, and roll a 6, do I lose any armies as well or am I immune to the ebola card)?

No one is immune to Ebola unless you play Haz-Gear. Use it at your own risk.

Greg!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Boyle
United States
Belzoni
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Thanks.

Now I wish somebody could update it for the new version of Risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Boyle
United States
Belzoni
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Gregor wrote:
Greetings Jay,

Excellent questions. There just isn't enough room on those cards to squeeze in enough information.

MisterJB wrote:

Yes, this is correct. The Eastern United States will lose 1/2 its armies.

MisterJB wrote:

Ignore the errata. It was meant to clear up another question but appears to have made things worse.
If you get a card that says "Western Europe", all of Europe is affected. If you get a card that says "Congo", all of Africa is affected, and so on.

MisterJB wrote:

No one is immune to Ebola unless you play Haz-Gear. Use it at your own risk.

Greg!

If I controlled the Western US, and I planned to attack the Eastern US, but rolled a 4 or 5, does that mean the Eastern US and a random continent get attacked, or just the random continent? Also, on 6, it means every army, including my attacking army, gets hit, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Turner
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterJB wrote:

If I controlled the Western US, and I planned to attack the Eastern US, but rolled a 4 or 5, does that mean the Eastern US and a random continent get attacked, or just the random continent?

On a 4 or 5, only the random continent is affected. Eastern US would not be affected if the random continent turned out to be Africa. However, if the random continent turned out to be N. America, then both Western and Eastern US would feel the pain.

MisterJB wrote:

Also, on 6, it means every army, including my attacking army, gets hit, correct?

Yep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.