Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hauger
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Recently Tom Vasel did a review of Reverse Charades. After watching the review I checked out the games website. On the website there is a video from what appears to be a local television station morning show of some sort. In the episode they had a table of games and on the table was a game I had never heard of which turned out to be ROLLICK! The Hysterical Game of Clues and Collaboration.

After reading the descriptions for the games here in BGG they seem to be similar. They each involve teams and members (except one) of a team act out something and the one member has to guess what is happening.

Has anyone played both games and is willing to give a comparison? Are they too similar to own both or so different that both would be fun for a group?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
customer service
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi Jason,

Thanks for checking out Reverse Charades! Like Tom mentioned, the game is wildly funny and an absolute blast to play!

You definitely are very observant and have done your homework. Reverse Charades is the original game currently on our 2nd edition (last year we were self-published as SEDARAHC--the game of reverse charades). While Reverse Charades and Rollick are very similar and both are seen on KSL Studio 5's TV spot, we were thrilled that Reverse Charades was awarded one of five of their Best New Family Games for 2010. Here is the clip of the unveiling of the top five with their review on Reverse Charades starting on minute 6:14 of the video: http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=71&sid=13593709

You can also check out other reviews on the "About Us" page of our website: http://www.ReverseCharades.com and see photos and videos of the game in action at: http://www.facebook.com/sedarahc and http://www.youtube.com/sedarahc.

We'd love to hear how you enjoy playing the game! Please drop us a line with any questions or feedback. Thanks again for checking out Reverse Charades!

Have a happy new year!
Take care,

Scott
customerservice@reversecharades.comm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Howell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played both Rollick and Reverse Charades.

As far as comparing the two goes - they are pretty much the same. The rules in Rollick offer a lot more suggestions of ways to play it. For example - Suggestions for groups of 16+, Less than 6, the No Pass Rule, Head to Head Speed Round, etc.

Of course, in games like this we also find that a number of house rules are easy to pop in there.

So the real difference comes down to the words on the cards of what you're trying to guess. And Rollick has a lot more cards. I'm not sure of the count, but in looking at the stacks it's easy to see that Rollick has at least twice as many.

For a team charades game, our only wish is that the words required the people acting to work together. So many of the words can be acted out by just one person. Of course, it's funny to see a group of people all acting out the same thing, yet in very different ways.

We played Rollick this past weekend with a number of couples in our neighborhood and it was the hit of the party. They enjoyed all the party games we played, and when I pulled out one about charades I could see some hesitation on a few faces. But after we started, those faces changed. There was a lot of laughter and we're going to remember some of those actions for a long time to come.

My last note is that Rollick seemed to have words that kids could relate to better. So for our family, playing with younger kids, Rollick is better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.