Subject: Regarding Throne Room & Kings Court With Duration rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Ok I'm pretty sure I saw a giant topic about this a while back but there was a lot of arguments going on and I don't think I saw a clear resolution back then so I want to ask this now to be very clear.

1. Now I know that when you TR a duration (from now on I'll use Wharf as the example) both stay in play.

2. If you TR TR Wharf Wharf both TR need to stay in play because the second one is being modified by the first.

3. If you TR TR Wharf Non Duration (Say Moat) only 1 TR needs to stay in play because it's no longer needs to be modified.

Questions:
What would happen in the following situations?
1. TR TR TR TR Wharf Wharf Wharf KC
You need 6 "Wharfs" to be played next turn. Are you forced to Leave out
TR TR TR Wharf Wharf Wharf or can you rearrange say
KC TR Wharf Wharf Wharf or even
TR KC Wharf Wharf
All net you the same benefit at the start of your next turn but change the cards that need to be cleaned up

2. TR TR KC TR Wharf Wharf Wharf
Same benefit as before but this time it's more unclear. Unlike before the KC is actually being used but we still have the 3 TRs allowing for the same issues with cleanup.

3. KC TR TR TR Wharf Wharf Wharf
Same benefit as previous 2 but it's even more unclear now. The "shadow" TRs and the real ones are being mixed together.

4. TR KC Wharf TR KC Wharf TR KC Wharf
Now you have 9 Wharfs waiting for you next turn.
KC KC Wharf Wharf Wharf would be nice to keep the other TRs and KC in your deck during your 23 card starting hand but no KC was ever used on a KC,

TR KC Wharf Wharf KC Wharf also works in theory but none of the Throne Roomed KC ever had 2 Wharfs played on them.

KC Wharf KC Wharf KC Wharf Obviously works but is it necessary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
This is the relevant post.

donaldx wrote:
Okay here goes. I am just trying to apply the Seaside rules as directly as possible, except that I am counting affecting a card that affects duration cards as also affecting a duration card.

If you TR or KC a duration card, leave out the TR or KC with the duration card. [It's tracking that you doubled or tripled that card]

If you TR or KC a TR-or-KC used on a single duration card (and up to 2 non-duration cards), don't leave it out. [It's not tracking anything.] [You still leave out the one that hit the duration card though.]

If you TR or KC a TR-or-KC used on two or three duration cards, leave it out. [It's tracking the extra doubling/tripling done by the latter TR or KC, which also stays out.]

Therefore I am going to go back on my ruling from yesterday for what happens if you KC a KC a KC used on 3 duration cards. The 3rd KC stays out obv. The 2nd one stays out; it's indicating that the 3rd one hits 3 things. The first KC is doing nothing and so goes.

If instead you KC a KC, and that one KC's 1) a KC for 3 duration cards, 2) a duration card, 3) a non-duration, then you would keep the first KC out, as now it's indicating that the 2nd KC got to hit 3 cards, necessary for that 4th duration card to be tripled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
You TR a KC to KC a TR on a Handful of mixed duration and non-duration action cards.

You gain ten points of Paradox, and a Time spirit offers you the choice of either not doing that, or being retroactively prevented from ever being born.

You say "Wait, we're playing Dominion, not Mage."

I say, "No, given the level of rule wankery and recursive actions going on here, we are CLEARLY playing Mage."

Then I punch you in the throat and hide the body...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floris Hegger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Re: Regarding Throne Room & Kings Court With Duration
I'm sorry Donald X., but I don't seem to understand what you mean. Let's keep it simple: I King's Court a Caravan. What happens?

Do I let three Caravans resolve at the beginning of my next turn? Do I keep the King's Court in play in order to make sure I don't forget to have three Caravans? I think this situation is probably most relevant since this will happen. King's Courting a King's Court is probably not going to happen lots.

I would love to hear the result , thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salomar wrote:
I'm sorry Donald X., but I don't seem to understand what you mean. Let's keep it simple: I King's Court a Caravan. What happens?

Read the Seaside rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
salomar wrote:

Do I let three Caravans resolve at the beginning of my next turn? Do I keep the King's Court in play in order to make sure I don't forget to have three Caravans? I think this situation is probably most relevant since this will happen. King's Courting a King's Court is probably not going to happen lots.

That is a much more relevant situation, yes, and thus it's covered in the rulebook for Seaside. All of the Throne Room stuff applies to King's Court. If you King's Court a Caravan, you leave the King's Court out to track that you tripled that Caravan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floris Hegger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Another one then. Let's say I have in my hand:
* Market
* Smithy
* King's Court
* King's Court
* Copper

Can I then King's Court my King's Court, choosing Market for the first, then Smithy for the second and then see what I draw to do the third or do I need to choose all of them at once?

Another question I have is regarding Venture.
What if I only have 2 cards left in my deck, do I shuffle until I do reveal one? And what if there are none in there? Where do you stop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
salomar wrote:
Another one then. Let's say I have in my hand:
* Market
* Smithy
* King's Court
* King's Court
* Copper

Can I then King's Court my King's Court, choosing Market for the first, then Smithy for the second and then see what I draw to do the third or do I need to choose all of them at once?

Another question I have is regarding Venture.
What if I only have 2 cards left in my deck, do I shuffle until I do reveal one? And what if there are none in there? Where do you stop?

If you KC a card, you play that card, resolving it completely, then play it again, resolving it completely, then play it a third time. Thus is you KC a KC, first picking Market, you will play Market three times before picking the second card to KC (let alone the third card).

Your Venture question is covered in the Venture FAQ in the Prosperity rulebook. If I answered it here you might never learn valuable rulebook-reading skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.