Subject: how to recognize 2nd edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as the title says - is there any way to know if you are buying the new 2010 edition vs the older one by looking at the outside box itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
as the title says - is there any way to know if you are buying the new 2010 edition vs the older one by looking at the outside box itself?
The back of the box will mention that the mexico map has a deck of cards on the second edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
abe18 wrote:
The back of the box will mention that the mexico map has a deck of cards on the second edition.

i asked an OLGS and their reply below was taken from the game box. do you think its the 2nd or 1st edition?

Contents: 30" x 36" mounted map of Eastern U.S.14.75"x24.5" mounted map of Mexico 12 Railroad Baron Cards 1 Start Player Card 42 Railroad Operation Cards 2 Rulebooks 1 Score Track 150 Plastic trains in 6 all new colors 24 empty city markers (4 types) 125 goods cubes (5 colors) Bond Certificates (54 notes in 3 denominations) Money (3 denominations) Track Tiles New City Tiles2 Golden Spike tiles Drawstring Bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
spearjr wrote:
abe18 wrote:

i asked an OLGS and their reply below was taken from the game box. do you think its the 2nd or 1st edition?

Contents: 30" x 36" mounted map of Eastern U.S.14.75"x24.5" mounted map of Mexico 12 Railroad Baron Cards 1 Start Player Card 42 Railroad Operation Cards 2 Rulebooks 1 Score Track 150 Plastic trains in 6 all new colors 24 empty city markers (4 types) 125 goods cubes (5 colors) Bond Certificates (54 notes in 3 denominations) Money (3 denominations) Track Tiles New City Tiles2 Golden Spike tiles Drawstring Bag.

Found the exact text I was referring to:
Quote:
A Railways of Mexico expansion. This expansion contains a map of mid-19th century Mexico and a deck of Mexico Railroad Baron and Operations cards. Fewer Cities; long and narrow geography; and extensive mountainous terrain make this a unique and challenging map for players looking for a faster and financially tighter game experience.

So I'm guessing the OLGS you mention has the 1st edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
per Eagles Games, you can tell that the game is the 2nd edition by:

1. looking at the back of the box by the barcode for the newer copyright date.
2. or seeing if there is a picture of the Eastern US map on the back of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

(thanks to EndersGame)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.