Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been enjoying TransEuropa (with the Vexation expansion, of course) as a gateway game with our friends, and are now trying TransAmerica to have the same experience but with a new board. However, the only issue I found for TE is there for TA too: the cards are tiny!

In both games the small size makes the purpose of the illustrations fail: in TA you want to "see" right away where the city is, in TE you want to appreciate a representative monument of this city. I thought the game would be much better with bigger cards, and I have thus scanned them, printed larger, and laminated:

I like the result a lot, and thought that others may find the work I did useful and that I could upload the PDF I built. But I'm almost sure such a file would be rejected due to copyright issues.

Do you think this file should be uploaded? It is not just a scan, it is based on a scan but it is a significant improvement over the existing components, and as such I think it should find its place here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Ready for some football
mbmbmb
Why don't you email the publisher and see if they will grant you permission to upload the file? As long as you aren't charging, they may very will allow you to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got one reply in the Trans Europa similar thread:
msaari wrote:
I'd say no, at least without permission from the copyright owner (and I'm surprised if you get that permission).

I suppose this is something people should do themselves based on your idea, if they want to.

And I think he is right, anyone owning the game and finding that the cards are too small can do the same thing I did, being so tiny you can scan the whole cards in only two scans...

Or by the Fly Europe version!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.