9 Posts

Guardians of Graxia» Forums » General

Subject: worth buying for solo play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in this but am wondering if it's worth buying just for solo play.

I don't mind doing math and have read the rules but it's hard to find much info from players on this one.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with GoG solo?

Your input is much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jirik and Caitlin Hynst
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I would just buy the computer game if you want to do solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks but I like the physicality of board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Anderson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Raolin wrote:
Thanks but I like the physicality of board games.

Hi Raolin!

Just to note, we're selling both Panzer General games at 66% off right now! Heroes of Graxia and Guardians of Graxia are on special as well.

Let me know if you have any questions about them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from News to General
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
United States
Fayetteville
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No comments on the solo play of this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought it and played a few games solitaire, playing two sides against each other. It's pretty good, and there's a lot I like about the game, but the rules make you work really hard to figure things out, and there's a lot of fiddly questions that will constantly arise that the rules don't address.

I haven't actually played the official solo scenarios yet - again, the rules are not very clear on how they even work.

But all that said, it is a cool game. I also enjoyed building a couple of themed decks and playing them against each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy playing games by myself and it doesn't usually take me long to figure out the solo rules. The exception is this game. I sat down for 2 consecutive evenings and after those two sessions, I still didn't have the rules figured out and had to guess many of them. They are horribly written and totally took the enjoyment out of the game, for me. The game is probably fun somehow, but only once the rulebooj will be cleaned up. I suggest you borrow it from a friend (like I did) to give a try, if you can, first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bolga wrote:
I enjoy playing games by myself and it doesn't usually take me long to figure out the solo rules. The exception is this game. I sat down for 2 consecutive evenings and after those two sessions, I still didn't have the rules figured out and had to guess many of them. They are horribly written and totally took the enjoyment out of the game, for me. The game is probably fun somehow, but only once the rulebooj will be cleaned up. I suggest you borrow it from a friend (like I did) to give a try, if you can, first.

Wow, thanks for the info! I will keep it in mind.

By the way, are there any additional solo scenarios in the internet? Maybe fan made?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.