4 Posts

Guardians of Graxia» Forums » Rules

Subject: ...and a few more rules questions from third game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When retreating, is it possible to retreat into Mountains if you would not ordinarily be able to move into them?

2. Does canceling a battle (i.e. Quicksie's ability, or Vanish) still remove either Stealth or Shield tokens for either party?

3. Tiger Ambush again - do you lose Stealth/Tiger Ambush if Defending? I believe the card says you only lose it if performing a Unit Action. If I am reading these guys right, they're pretty awesome.

4. A weird combo: Tower of Lost Legion and Gift of Efficacy. The Tower gives double ranged damage (though it doesn't say for how long - permanently?) and the Gift lets you take a Command action. So if I play the Tower, make a Ranged attack for double damage, then play Gift to make another Ranged attack, do I get the Tower bonus for that second attack?

5. Who the heck said this game can be played in an hour??? All 3 of my first games have taken 3-4 hours each. I do like it, though.

6. Can a Guardian Move, Attack, Create Portals, and Summon Units all in the same round?

If anyone's still out there, thanks in advance for your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Anderson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
1. When retreating, is it possible to retreat into Mountains if you would not ordinarily be able to move into them?

A: No, mountains are impassable and you'll take damage if forced to retreat into them.

2. Does canceling a battle (i.e. Quicksie's ability, or Vanish) still remove either Stealth or Shield tokens for either party?

A: If they were originally removed, yes, whatever actions were taken before hand still would apply.

3. Tiger Ambush again - do you lose Stealth/Tiger Ambush if Defending? I believe the card says you only lose it if performing a Unit Action. If I am reading these guys right, they're pretty awesome.

A: They are indeed . The card description and directions trump whatever the general rules are within the rulebook. Sometimes the cards will go above and beyond them, like this case you described.

4. A weird combo: Tower of Lost Legion and Gift of Efficacy. The Tower gives double ranged damage (though it doesn't say for how long - permanently?) and the Gift lets you take a Command action. So if I play the Tower, make a Ranged attack for double damage, then play Gift to make another Ranged attack, do I get the Tower bonus for that second attack?

A: Each attack is really separate in this regard, so the command would only apply to the first attack. Interesting combo though in any case!

5. Who the heck said this game can be played in an hour??? All 3 of my first games have taken 3-4 hours each. I do like it, though.

A: The designers! . Well, they do take more time depending on the situation and initial setup. I'm glad you like it!! We're always happy to hear feedback like this to see if it really is running too long.

6. Can a Guardian Move, Attack, Create Portals, and Summon Units all in the same round?

For each command phase, you can move, attack, place shields, and activate command abilities, as well as play command spell cards and summon new units. So you can do quite a bit in one turn!

I hope some of this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're floating around here in the forums on a regular basis .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks!

Clarification:

For each command phase, you can move, attack, place shields, and activate command abilities, as well as play command spell cards and summon new units. So you can do quite a bit in one turn!

...hold on, does that mean a Guardian can do ALL those things in one turn? Attack AND Shield AND Move AND activate Command abilities?

My impression was that they are still subject to the usual unit action limitations but that they can ALSO summon units and create portals as "free actions"... however they can't do things like Attack AND Shield AND Move AND activate a Command ability all in one turn... can they???

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Richard
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About command abilities, is it one activation per phase (one blue circle and one red circle), one per turn (one circle and that's it) or once per phase/turn (all circles can be activated once)?

Same answer goes for units and guardians alike?

Where can I find the utility of portals in the rulebook? Seems like they name it once or twice but nothing else. Guess they serve summoning purposes but nothing says that or I missed it

Just to make sure, a unit can attack an ennemy unit in impassable terrain but can not follow the defending unit if defeated or forced to retreat ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.