Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game for the first time last night. In doing so I was taught the game from someone who played before. Whenever this happens, I always look for the real rules the next day to see what they really say.

1 - We played that the 1st turn you placed your marker AND the tracks. The rules say to just place you marker. This makes more sense and could see how this would reduce the starting player disadvantage.

2 - We played until only one train was left on the tracks. The other 4 in the Pacific. This meant one player sat out after the 3rd round of about 6 or 7. I see the rules state:
End of the game wrote:
The game ends after several rounds when at least one player's locomotive has passed the barrier. The player with the most points at the end of the game is the winner. If several players tie, they share in the joy of victory.

How long do people normally play? Until the first person sinks their engine (or pass the barrier if they shift it) which the rules state? After a set number of rounds?

Neither one changes my opinion of the game. I really enjoyed it, but I was curious how long people play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james lima
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we play we normally end it on the round the first train falls off, but we never bother moving the barrier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play this with my 9yo daughter and her friends. We play according to the rules, including shifting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gohrns wrote:
I play this with my 9yo daughter and her friends. We play according to the rules, including shifting.

Same here. This is one of our family favorites, especially for a quick game. With six players, it usually takes only two or three rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many rounds is entirely up to how badly someone plays in a round. We played TransEuropa a couple weekends ago and it was over in one round. We were using the Vexation expansion and someone got cut off from a major portion of the map and before she could patch it, someone else finished and she was out 13 points.

We've always played by the rules. We place our starting tokens and when it gets back to first player, they start their tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gohrns wrote:
We play according to the rules, including shifting.

Ditto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game certainly would have been much shorter, but it was kind of fun to keep going. My wife was at 1 point for 3 straight rounds and hung on until the end. Thanks for the quick replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both TransEuropa and the latest Immortal Eyes edition of TA eliminate the original "move the barrier up" rule. That's how we play. And the game ends once somebody goes out the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Clark
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We never bothered to move the barrier. It is such a quick game anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesgrandpa wrote:
gohrns wrote:

Same here. This is one of our family favorites, especially for a quick game. With six players, it usually takes only two or three rounds.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Clemson 40 Oklahoma 6
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with the rules as written except we don't move the barrier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
until one person fell to the ocean

I play this game a lot and it usually happens on the third round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Shugars
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We move the barrier as well. It could take a lot longer if you don't, as when we play, people tend to only lose 1-3 points per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.