Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerome Cormier
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fellow players,

I would like to know if the influence points from the emperor cities are taken into account if the throne is empty during phase V. I would think that the Emperor status is attributed to the player (as stated in the first line of the preparation phase: "The players choose a starting player. He is the Emperor and takes the Emperor marker." english rulebook, p. 2). Yet, the board seem to associate the throne with the Emperor symbol and marker...

Thank you,

Bandini

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Emperor cities when no baron sit on the throne
The throne is never empty; if an emperor dies, its owner must immediately replace it with a single aristocrat from the board, or a 45-age one from their supply if none are on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Cormier
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
The throne is never empty; if an emperor dies, its owner must immediately replace it with a single aristocrat from the board, or a 45-age one from their supply if none are on the board.

Thank you for your answer Justin! Would you please quote the rule indicating that a baron must be placed on the throne immediately if left empty at any time. I know that this is applying at phase II, but I don't find anything on that matter at other phases (I believe that the only other time this could happen would be during phase IV).

Incidentally, the phrasing of that rule makes me incline to think that the Emperor player could be the permanent entity who keeps the Emperor privileges notwithstanding the Emperor tile: "Should the Emperor tile reach old age, the Emperor player must take one of his aristocrats..." (page 3 of the english manual).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It isn't explicitly stated in the rules outside of the aging phase. It is implemented that way at www.mabiweb.com, and I have found MaBi to be extremely thorough in his vetting of rules. Possibly from a forum or author clarification? One thing that could make it intuitive, though: without an active emperor, ties couldn't be resolved in the new electors phase (which happens before the emperor election).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Schwendemann
Germany
Waldkirch
flag msg tools
bandini wrote:
Would you please quote the rule indicating that a baron must be placed on the throne immediately

The revised German rules state it clearly on pg3, Aging:
Quote:
Scheidet das Kaiser-Plättchen aus »Altersgründen« aus, muss der Kaiser sofort einen eigenen Adligen (allerdings keinen Kurfürsten!) vom Spielplan nehmen und auf den Kaiserthron setzen. (Die Altersstufe bleibt dabei unverändert.) Hat dieser Spieler keinen eigenen Adligen auf dem Spielplan, so nimmt er dafür einen Baron mit Alter 45 aus dem eigenen Vorrat

and on pg.6, Action cards:
Quote:
Stirbt der Kaiser muss dieser sofort durch einen Baron ersetzt werden (siehe Phase II).

"sofort" means immediately

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Cormier
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot Vurkanan!

If I understand correctly, the rule of page 6 indicate that the rule of the phase II apply to phase IV. This mean that Justin's interpretation (based on www.mabiweb.com) was correct. Rio Grande seem to have omitted this clarification in the english rulebook.

You gave us a final answer to the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.