Subject: Black Knight/Saboteur and replenishing your hand rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tamas Hudak
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I've read in the rules, that after playing Black Knight or a Saboteur cards, both player must replenish their hands.
So that means, if I played it successfully, would I replenish my hand (by drawing or also by paying 2 resources for it) right away?
And also my opponent (if he didn't play the counter card) have to drop a card, to have the correct number of cards in hand.

What do you think? Isn't it a way too hard treat for an action card, that you can play for free? I'm just curious.

P.S. If my opponent plays a counter card, and wins the battle, can he also plays 2 resource for replenishing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you are misinterpreting the rule. The rule for both the "Black Knight" and the "Saboteur" card only says to "take into account the hand limit when a card is returned to a player's hand".

So this means, if an attack is successful, the losing player will have to take a knight or a building card back to his hand and immediately in this situation, if the hand limit is violated, that player (and only that player!) needs to discard a card.

If the attack goes awry, then the attacking player (i. e. the player having played the Black Knight or the Saboteur) will have to take one of his/her knight or building cards back to his/her hand. This will usually not lead to a violation of that player's hand limit, as the previously played action card has already reduced the hand size by 1 (so actually, nothing else would happen in this case).

You only get to replenish your hand by drawing or paying resources at the end of your own turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilian Buijs
Netherlands
Breda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition:

As I remember correctly, the active player doesn't need to discard a card when exceeding the card limit until the end of his turn. Only the passive player has to discard immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.