$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
680 Posts
[1]  Prev «  24 , 25 , 26 , 27 , 28  Next »  [28] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Another perfect eleven! Somebody apparently lied to riot that the flight was delayed.. Too... bad. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Mnar
msg tools
mbmbmb
[lippyj Mar 2, 07:08 PM] If James is not a wolf, I will cry.

*cries*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
LippyJ wrote:

*cries*

yeah I thought that you had to be a wolf for coming after me so consistently. Obviously we just can't read each other soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Mnar
msg tools
mbmbmb
No, you were just being a muppet.

When do you ever say "I apologise"? Seriously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LippyJ wrote:
No, you were just being a muppet.

When do you ever say "I apologise"? Seriously.

apparently when I'm a villager shake

(seriously I don't actually obsess over word choice EVEN when I am evil)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Mnar
msg tools
mbmbmb
But yeah, as soon as it got down to me, jamgar and Goo, I knew it was only going to go one way.

How intentional was leaving the two of us to the final day? There was virtually no chance of my switching to Goo after the entire game was spent with James being wolfish to my eyes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah this was actually one of the best performances from an evil team I have seen, from the n1 goo clearing, the false seer claim, ohgrande's snipe. Wow just so well thought through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
I represent no danger.
mb
jamgar wrote:
LippyJ wrote:

*cries*

yeah I thought that you had to be a wolf for coming after me so consistently. Obviously we just can't read each other soblue

I felt good about my position in the final 3 with the two of you because you are friends. Getting in a game with a real life friend has a different dynamic because you want to work together, but the whole time you are thinking I can't let him be a wolf and get away with it. Not on my watch!

There's just that bug in the back of your mind thinking I don't think it's him, but if it is I'll never hear the end of it, so I'd rather err on not letting him get away with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
jamgar wrote:
LippyJ wrote:

*cries*

I felt good about my position in the final 3 with the two of you because you are friends. Getting in a game with a real life friend has a different dynamic because you want to work together, but the whole time you are thinking I can't let him be a wolf and get away with it. Not on my watch!

There's just that bug in the back of your mind thinking I don't think it's him, but if it is I'll never hear the end of it, so I'd rather err on not letting him get away with it.

I would hate to admit to that factoring into my choice whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
I represent no danger.
mb
LippyJ wrote:
But yeah, as soon as it got down to me, jamgar and Goo, I knew it was only going to go one way.

How intentional was leaving the two of us to the final day? There was virtually no chance of my switching to Goo after the entire game was spent with James being wolfish to my eyes.

It was not intentional to leave you two. I had to find the hunter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
I represent no danger.
mb
Snaak wrote:
Well played Goo! devil

Really, all I had to do in the end was not screw up.

Tofu played a great sorcerer. Unflinchingly drew the Martyr and our NK, then won the claim war the next day. Very well done.

Ohgrande was solid. Once he got viewed, he focused on creating distance between us since he was certainly going to be the first one killed.

The groundwork was laid for me. I just had to ride it out.

Well played, team evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darn it! I've still never had wolf chat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
jamgar wrote:
darn it! I've still never had wolf chat.

fixed that for you whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game everyone.

BlackSheep had some uncanny reads on Day 1.

It was almost like jammy was reading my mind with the NK's.

Thanks again to the wonderful mods and sorry for spoiling the non-spoiled dead chat :embarrassed:

I hope you stick around lippy. It was a pleasure to mess around with your mind! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamgar wrote:
Hmm. That's dangerous play on his wolf buddy with two people left to vote. Then again, only 3 mins til lynch, is it a safe bus? Does ohgrande come out against the suggestion of lynching his wolf partner (lippy) when the prospect is unlikely anyway?

I wanted to leave enough time to lynch Goo. I figured that if I had, then I'd be looking pretty good for the rest of the game, especially when Goo turned up the non-brutal wolf. I also tried to play consistent with how I play as good. I believe I would have made the same vote regardless of my alignment here. (Of course now that I've said this, I'll have to change things up).

The lippy bit was just happy coincidence!

Also, I think that when I voted, yiatzi also voted pretty quickly after (was that a cross-post?) which did put Goo into the lead.

Finally, I was being straight-up honest when I said that I made the vote and got called away. The next 10 or so minutes were pretty tense as I was wondering if I had killed my partner or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
jamgar wrote:
LippyJ wrote:

*cries*

Now amplify that by 1000x and that's what it's like when I play in a game with wife! If she's on team evil when I'm a villager, it's no big loss. I die (early, usually) and then we laugh about it. ONE game (the one ohgrande refers to in dead-chat as the reason why he expected me to meta vote him all the way down the river) I was the seer and she was a wolf. At some point, she had my complete trust and I totally trusted her. That one HURT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some discussion in dead chat about whether I should have used Goo as my view.

I didn't *want* to claim seer on D1, but I was the lynch leader. I tried to make the claim early enough so as not to cause mass confusion in the final minutes -- as I accidentally did in my last game (when I was good).

I used gdap as my N0 "seer" view because he *was* my N0 view... just not a seer view.

I *knew* when yiatzi died that I had fooled everyone, even my wolves. I wanted to play it safe and pick riot as my imaginary N1 view, but I needed to make sure the wolves knew I was on their side now that I had disposed of the martyr. I figured having picked one good and one evil as my two views, that it would at least cast some doubt on my two views and I completely expected the real seer to counter me... I assumed I would get lynched, and the seer would be the NK target... Imagine my surprise when I cross-posted my "Goo view" only to see the real seer come back with a positive wolf view on ohgrande!!!! I really thought I blew it there, but somehow, for some reason, we lynched the seer claimant? That surprised and baffled me. I expected ohgrande to get the lynch that day. I was refreshing the page every minute up until 3pm and I couldn't believe that nobody was doing any last minute switching! The seer was dead, and I was feeling pretty good about things.

I was surprised more late-game analysis didn't take place regarding my two views. Goo and ohgrande did an amazing job of fighting with each other at the end of D1 and really throwing the scent off Goo when ohgrande flipped wolf.

Good game all. (im)patiently awaiting the next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
LippyJ wrote:

so what gave me away?

it's good you did, I'd pretty much decided that if we both were alive at dawn, you were the wolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohgrande wrote:
BlackSheep had some uncanny reads on Day 1.

Rassen frassen...

BlackSheep wrote:
I would be very surprised if neither Goo nor Ohgrande is evil.

BlackSheep wrote:
I'd like to see Goo versus Ohgrande as our top two, personally.

Well played, everyone.

Still not sure about that lynch decision. Knowing the roles, obviously lynching Ohgrande was better. But in the alternate universe where we lynch Ohgrande and he flips villager, Tofu dies overnight and we end up with:

Bos: Known evil
Goo and Gdap: Known not-wolf
BlackSheep, Riot, Jam, Lippy: Unknown

And from there we're in trouble. Mislynch and evils have vote majority, but lynch sorcerer-Bos and we can lose by wolf parity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gdapkus wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
LippyJ wrote:

so what gave me away?

it's good you did, I'd pretty much decided that if we both were alive at dawn, you were the wolf.

You sounded like hunter by d2 for me gdap. In particular you came out very strong against my soft claim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, nyriv! You even got the turbulence part! whistle

Well played, all, and thanks for playing, too! Till next time, where I will be thinking up some new analogy (thinky thinky)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Mnar
msg tools
mbmbmb
Dekal wrote:
Thanks, nyriv! You even got the turbulence part! whistle

Well played, all, and thanks for playing, too! Till next time, where I will be thinking up some new analogy (thinky thinky)

And thank you guys for running it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bailey
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
That's what thon said.
mbmbmbmbmb
grr

Well played, evil. And thanks, mods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristy Vandergriff
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
tofarley wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
jamgar wrote:
LippyJ wrote:

*cries*

Now amplify that by 1000x and that's what it's like when I play in a game with wife! If she's on team evil when I'm a villager, it's no big loss. I die (early, usually) and then we laugh about it. ONE game (the one ohgrande refers to in dead-chat as the reason why he expected me to meta vote him all the way down the river) I was the seer and she was a wolf. At some point, she had my complete trust and I totally trusted her. That one HURT.

yes, but sleeping on the couch hurt more.... ;(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jamgar wrote:
gdapkus wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
LippyJ wrote:

so what gave me away?

You sounded like hunter by d2 for me gdap. In particular you came out very strong against my soft claim.

Funny thing is that this is the first game that I've questioned someone who softclaimed my role. I usually avoid it, and try to pick on the soft claims of others or not at all.

I was surprised nobody else questioned your implication that you knew who the wolf was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gdapkus wrote:
jamgar wrote:
gdapkus wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
LippyJ wrote:

so what gave me away?

Funny thing is that this is the first game that I've questioned someone who softclaimed my role. I usually avoid it, and try to pick on the soft claims of others or not at all.

I was surprised nobody else questioned your implication that you knew who the wolf was.

That was no criticism, it's hard to tell what someone soft-claiming your role is trying to achieve and I grant that there was good reason for suspecting me as wolf there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  24 , 25 , 26 , 27 , 28  Next »  [28] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.