Subject: Available through Time Well Spent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Stefan Feld games are balanced and mathematically elegant while being obtuse, emotionally detached, and mechically inelegant. The most overrated designer of modern games. The King of JASE.
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted David at timewellspentgames.com about getting this game and he just got it in stock. If he sells out I'm assuming he'll get more copies . . . or just ask him to re-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one left! It is a great game!
http://www.timewellspentgames.com/html/gamepage.php?id=3440

If I understand correctly, I believe Dave currently has the basic edition. I think Dave is going to order more.

This is the edition I have and the one I have played many times. I also included many images of it in the gallery. (OK, OK. I posted some here as well!)

Additionally, Dave says that in the next order he may try to get the Luxus edition as well:

Either way, you just simply must apply the hats and beards! It makes the game!

Edits: OK, the formatting just wasn't coming out right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Stefan Feld games are balanced and mathematically elegant while being obtuse, emotionally detached, and mechically inelegant. The most overrated designer of modern games. The King of JASE.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If I understand correctly, I believe Dave currently has the basic edition. I think Dave is going to order more.

Kinda bummed about that. Oh well.

I wonder if he was skeptical when I first contacted him about acquiring it. I told him after he notified me it was in stock that he'd sell his five copies in less than a week. From the looks of it they'll be gone in 48 hours!

Never heard of his site until I read about it here on BGG. It's really great that a small business is so willing to take a chance on imported inventory and then sell it at such a reasonable price. Given how hard it is to get a copy he could have easily charged more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
Quote:
Kinda bummed about that. Oh well.
Don't be. It is a great price and is well made with a lot of wood components. I like this board. It is all one piece so that the candle moves pretty smoothly across the board. This one you may have to make sure the folds are flat, but the other edition you have to make sure the puzzle pieces match up.

Personally, I think this edition is a great deal! I thought about the fancier version, but I don't know if I would buy it. It will be at a higher price point, and I would just as soon have one like this one so I don't sweat it if the candle wears out or something. (Of course it is replaceable. I think I have already gotten a new one for mine.)

I did add an electronic die to my copy to make it easier to see the die roll in the dark.

travvller wrote:
I wonder if he was skeptical when I first contacted him about acquiring it. I told him after he notified me it was in stock that he'd sell his five copies in less than a week. From the looks of it they'll be gone in 48 hours!

Never heard of his site until I read about it here on BGG. It's really great that a small business is so willing to take a chance on imported inventory and then sell it at such a reasonable price. Given how hard it is to get a copy he could have easily charged more.
Dave is a wonder. He works hard at getting games people ask for. He has always been a source for the HABA games, but now he is doing imports as well. But you are helping Dave as well (as we all are.) By telling him about great games that may have missed the radar, it gives him a chance to find that cool game.

By the way, Dave asked me to bring my copy of this game to his game group tonight so he can see it opened.

Anyway, I love the uniqueness of this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I did add an electronic die to my copy to make it easier to see the die roll in the dark.

I picked up some glow in the dark dice for this game. Not sure how well it will work, but they were cheap so I figured I'd take a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
Quote:

I picked up some glow in the dark dice for this game. Not sure how well it will work, but they were cheap so I figured I'd take a chance.
That sounds as good as my electronic ones and might be slimmer for the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter CSM
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody know if there's any difference between the basic and the Luxus editions besides the board coloring?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Ferguson
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The people at Time Well Spent are the best. In many ways I deeply respect their operation. They match prices. They respect their customers and reply to emails quickly. They get great games with a gamer and family perspective.

Plus, they seem to spend time with their families and take time off too. (right... like time well spent). When my Dad was sick with cancer, they even said they had prayed for him. They're just good people. I try to always make purchases through them (I have no local game store where I live).

Buy from them when you can. Their prices are fair, but the minimum $150 can be a bit difficult to reach sometimes for free shipping...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.