Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Aguayo
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you place a ship in a port with a zero bid? The rules don't mention that specific possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
We read "To send a Ship to a Port, the player places his Ship atop the stack of Coins he wishes to spend to buy this Port's Cargo." as implying at least 1 coin must accompany each bid.

Of course you could try playing it without this requirement and see how it goes. In the games that I've played, I don't think you would win a single Port with no coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aguayo
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what my gut says. But the jerky little voice in my head keeps saying, "I WISH to pay ZERO coins. I will place my boat on a stack of ZERO coins! "

I don't think bidding zero is a big deal for the most part, though allowing it does make the syndicate a little stronger. Has anyone noticed if that is the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No you cannot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aguayo
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Eric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
middleclassjoe wrote:
That's what my gut says. But the jerky little voice in my head keeps saying, "I WISH to pay ZERO coins. I will place my boat on a stack of ZERO coins! "

I don't think bidding zero is a big deal for the most part, though allowing it does make the syndicate a little stronger. Has anyone noticed if that is the case?

I had this exact reaction. Great minds think alike! Then again, so do not so great ones. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.