United States
Macungie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
YOLO solo
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I got a copy of this game in a math trade, and, even after having played the PC game, never thought I'd have trouble fitting it on my table. I was quite chagrined to find that the game does not fit on my table - basically my table is big enough for 6 rows of map tiles, but can't do the 7th.

Does anyone who has played this game have an idea of how the maps could be adjusted down to 6 rows? Or am I screwed and need to put this game right onto the trade pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek McKay
Cambodia
APO
flag msg tools
Is it my turn? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play on the floor .

You could try some custom scenarios with 6 rows, but the units would be right on top of each other within a couple of turns. I am not sure if the game will work well with only 6.

Sorry, but at least you have the PC game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
Macungie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
YOLO solo
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
Najimbe wrote:
You can play on the floor .

You could try some custom scenarios with 6 rows, but the units would be right on top of each other within a couple of turns. I am not sure if the game will work well with only 6.

Sorry, but at least you have the PC game!

Yeah, the floor is not an option... my aching bones would protest too much.

I was just curious as to why the solo maps are so much smaller, if the solo game simply simulates a 2 player game.

I guess I was wondering what the blowback from taking out a row would be? Simply that engagement would happen earlier? Is that a problem? (It doesn't seem like there's much buildup in the PC game). What about moving the tiles in the 7th row into the other rows, and starting the forces farther to the left or right (kind of diagonal from each other)?

Thanks for the reply. What irritates me is that the promotional shots of the game provided by Petroglyph show a map of 5 rows, not 7, so it makes the game look like it's got a much smaller footprint than it actually does. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Kroegel
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It should work with a little adjustment depending on the scenario....just make sure you can place your starting units and that any objective is pushed in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v v v
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what i did when i had a small table is go to a home center and get a piece of plywood or mdf board. they sometimes sell them in 2 feet by 4 feet boards. you can ask a worker there to cut it, if you need it a bit smaller.

then i placed a towel over my table so the table didn't get scratched, then placed the board over it. i then placed a bed sheet over the board to make it look nice. ( i had a black one to make it more thematic, muahhahaha)

just a note. plywood and mdf contain glue that might bother some people (especially small children) that are sensitive with allergies. so after using it, store the board in the garage or other room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.