Cluzzle» Forums » General

Subject: My failed attempt to acquire Cluzzle... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bee :)
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had read all of the great reviews on this site, and decided I wanted this game. It is no longer listed on the North Star website, and the Amazon reviews were horrible, so I went to a certain very popular auction site. I thought I struck gold when I found a real steal of a deal. I purchased a sealed copy of Cluzzle from a "reputable seller" for under $10 with shipping! I waited anxiously nearly 2 weeks for its arrival. It just came yesterday in a box that appeared to have been man-handled by the USPS. Unfortunately, the game had absolutely no packing materials protecting it, and it had been packed into a box only a tiny bit larger than the game itself. Clearly, there was no chance for this game to survive.

Here is my thoroughly destroyed copy of a great game cry

Does anyone out there know where I might be able to find a replacement for this? It looks like a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll sell you mine for $15 including shipping UPS Ground.The only issue with mine is that some of the clay is dried up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but I am kind of hoping to find a brand new copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P@xt0n $chw@rz
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
http://toysforthought.com/store/product/7483/CLUZZLE/

On sale too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bee,

It sucks, but we have recently discontinued Cluzzle because of all the clay issues (which leads to poor sales). The last lot of 30 - 40 games that we had in the office (with dried out clay) went to the dumpster the day before you posted this thread. The timing sucked so bad that I decided not to respond.

Then I noticed that Andrew was taking a stray copy up to the garbage today, and I rescued it! I'm happy to give it to you. Unfortunately, the clay is bad...

What's the best way to do this? You can either pay for the shipping, or you can buy a copy of Wits & Wagers Family for $20 from us (I notice you already have our other games) and I'll put Cluzzle in the package for free. Just let me know if you are interested in either option.

Cheers,
Dominic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Dominic. You saved the day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
domcrap wrote:
The last lot of 30 - 40 games that we had in the office (with dried out clay) went to the dumpster

Darn.

I would have bought an extra pad or two of "guess sheets".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd like to thank the reputable seller on this very popular auction site for doing such a piss-poor packing job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saulo Sobrosa
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
domcrap wrote:
It sucks, but we have recently discontinued Cluzzle because of all the clay issues (which leads to poor sales).

I don´t get it. Clay is very cheap in Brazil, and it doesn´t dry for years. Packs with 90 grams, 6 colors, are sold in store for like 0.50usd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.