$10.00
Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
35 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: NWS Online Gaming Store, probably the cheapest prices around for GMT Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
NWS Online Gaming Store has excellent overall prices, but their GMT rates might the best around!

The Halls of Montezuma (GMT Board Game*)
Sale price: $19.99

Kutuzov (GMT Board Game*)
Sale price: $19.99

Glory III : Antietam and Cedar Creek (GMT Board Game*)
Sale price: $14.99

Monmouth (GMT Board Game*)
Sale price: $14.99

Normandy 44 (GMT Board Game*)
Sale price: $29.99

Labyrinth: The War on Terror (GMT Board Game*)
Sale price: $33.99

You can't go wrong with any of these games at those prices.
http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/gmtgames.html

BTW I have played Kutuzov and it appeared to me as an excellent four player war game covering a uncommon topic- Napoleon's invasion of Russia. A stupendous value at $20.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They might be... but check out the shipping prices...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Their shipping looks pretty cheap UPS ground.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From several listings..

Average USA shipping estimates based on weight and destination: $5.99-$7.99 (Zip lock or boxed 1lb games), $8.99-$11.99 (Boxed 2lb games), $12.99-$14.99 (Boxed 3lb+ games). All shipments include, professional packaging, tracking, and insurance coverage. We also offer combined shipping rates.


so, your opinion may differ - but I find the above to be expensive and take the cost of a NWS supplied game above that from most other online retailers.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Left Hand Reviews
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a sour taste in my mouth from this company due to the fact that they charge quite a large surcharge if you want to pick up locally. And in order to get that best price, I believe you have to pay via money order.

EDIT: I was mistakenly thinking of CLS games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Lizak
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
clawlan wrote:
I have a sour taste in my mouth from this company due to the fact that they charge quite a large surcharge if you want to pick up locally. And in order to get that best price, I believe you have to pay via money order.


Don't know about the local pickup but I have to set the record straight. You do NOT have to pay with a MO to get the listed price on a game. Maybe there's some additional discount if you do but they definitely sell you the games at the price listed on the site if you use a credit card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
NWS doesn't eliminate, cap, or flat-rate the shipping, no matter the total. Price+shipping is competitive for single items compared to other sites, perhaps slightly cheaper. But the shipping just grows and grows as you add items, making them more expensive as you go over the $100 mark (compared to, say, B&B and CSI).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Left Hand Reviews
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cincinnatus wrote:
clawlan wrote:
I have a sour taste in my mouth from this company due to the fact that they charge quite a large surcharge if you want to pick up locally. And in order to get that best price, I believe you have to pay via money order.


Don't know about the local pickup but I have to set the record straight. You do NOT have to pay with a MO to get the listed price on a game. Maybe there's some additional discount if you do but they definitely sell you the games at the price listed on the site if you use a credit card.


oops, my mistake, I was thinking of CLS games out of Atlanta.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
If the shipping is as much as stated above, then this is not as good of a deal as I thought. It seems to add $6 average to the cost of each game. So as other have said, it may be worth it for individual games but as you approach the free shipping options of most online retailers ($100+) it stops being competitive.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izack Chee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
do what i do, try to line up big orders from stores that give free shipping for a certain amount.

buy stuff that you must have NOW from stores that have better prices but no flat rate shipping
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used them and they had good service. Their prices are the best by a slim margin even after shipping when ordering a couple items.

When talking about free shipping limits remember that NWS handles primarily wargames. The only free shipping at $XX seller that also sells wargames is Coolstuff and they are hit and miss with non-GMT stuff.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Postlewaite
United States
Emerald Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
The only free shipping at $XX seller that also sells wargames is Coolstuff and they are hit and miss with non-GMT stuff.


SciFi Genre also has wargames and also offers free shipping after $75. Their prices are higher than Coolstuff but sometimes it can work out if your total meets the $75 threshold but not Coolstuff's $100 level (I know, I know: I should just buy another game to make it $100 ). I've ordered from both and like them both.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinPostlewaite wrote:
wwscrispin wrote:
The only free shipping at $XX seller that also sells wargames is Coolstuff and they are hit and miss with non-GMT stuff.


SciFi Genre also has wargames and also offers free shipping after $75. Their prices are higher than Coolstuff but sometimes it can work out if your total meets the $75 threshold but not Coolstuff's $100 level (I know, I know: I should just buy another game to make it $100 ). I've ordered from both and like them both.


I will check them out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dean Naval Warfare Simulations / Tactical Warfare Simulations (Land/Air Combat)
United States
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

If anyone here ever has any questions about our shipping rates, which I monitor with every order to help insure accuracy, feel free to contact me anytime via phone or email. I have absolutely no problem with any customer inquiring about our shipping rates. Note, they cover postage/UPS rates by weight, paying for a professional shipping team/packaging, insurance, tracking, and processing (what the banks/PayPal get which is around 3-4% of the total).

As a note, shipping some of these games is like shipping bricks due to their high weights. Games with mounted parts, boards, etc.. can weigh 4-6+ lbs each.

I am a 30+ year veteran wargamer myself so I know the customer side of the fence quite well. We also offer a price+shipping total price competitive service, special ordering (if you don't see it on our store ask anyways - I will try and find it), trade ins for store credit, and 24/7 live support - all calls and emails go to me and I will not have it any other way. No "know nothing" drones, no passing the buck, no hit 50 digits to get a recording gibberish, etc.

Thanks for the support and take care.

Thanks.
Christopher Dean
NWS Online Gaming Store
http://www.nws-online.net
Director of Operations
1-407-925-7782 24/7
nws-online@nws-online.net
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dean Naval Warfare Simulations / Tactical Warfare Simulations (Land/Air Combat)
United States
flag msg tools
Almost forgot,

If I find a way to ship an order cheaper then the rate given after the order is placed I then post a credit on the payment method as I process the order through our shipping system, I have done this many times. I check and process every order that comes through our store.

A customer that read this thread the other day emailed me recently about our Ebay listings vs our main website listings and why they are often different in prices and/or shipping rates. Ebay slams us for 12%-15% of every sale - they are NOT a free service. They often make more then we do on our listings. If you do not want to cover for the "Ebay tax", as I call it, then use our main store. If you see what you want on our Ebay listings but not on our store, email me and I will work it out for you.

Thanks.
Christopher Dean
NWS Online Gaming Store
http://www.nws-online.net
Director of Operations
1-407-925-7782 24/7
nws-online@nws-online.net

9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NWS Gaming Store wrote:
Almost forgot,

If I find a way to ship an order cheaper then the rate given after the order is placed I then post a credit on the payment method as I process the order through our shipping system, I have done this many times. I check and process every order that comes through our store.

A customer that read this thread the other day emailed me recently about our Ebay listings vs our main website listings and why they are often different in prices and/or shipping rates. Ebay slams us for 12%-15% of every sale - they are NOT a free service. They often make more then we do on our listings. If you do not want to cover for the "Ebay tax", as I call it, then use our main store. If you see what you want on our Ebay listings but not on our store, email me and I will work it out for you.

Thanks.
Christopher Dean
NWS Online Gaming Store
http://www.nws-online.net
Director of Operations
1-407-925-7782 24/7
nws-online@nws-online.net



Agreed, I've sold several things on Ebay myself and have been amazed how much money they wring out of you. Best of luck to you, sir.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dean Naval Warfare Simulations / Tactical Warfare Simulations (Land/Air Combat)
United States
flag msg tools
Quote:
Agreed, I've sold several things on Ebay myself and have been amazed how much money they wring out of you. Best of luck to you, sir.


Thank you for the support.

Christopher Dean
NWS Online Gaming Store
http://www.nws-online.net
Director of Operations
1-407-925-7782 24/7
nws-online@nws-online.net
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Lizak
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
clawlan wrote:
Cincinnatus wrote:
clawlan wrote:
I have a sour taste in my mouth from this company due to the fact that they charge quite a large surcharge if you want to pick up locally. And in order to get that best price, I believe you have to pay via money order.


Don't know about the local pickup but I have to set the record straight. You do NOT have to pay with a MO to get the listed price on a game. Maybe there's some additional discount if you do but they definitely sell you the games at the price listed on the site if you use a credit card.


oops, my mistake, I was thinking of CLS games out of Atlanta.


You are talking about a man's business. Don't you think you should be more careful about what you say?

Suppose you have a restaurant and someone said in the local paper that people had been getting sick after eating there. Wouldn't it piss you off if their only response when challenged is "oops, my mistake"??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cincinnatus wrote:

You are talking about a man's business. Don't you think you should be more careful about what you say?

Suppose you have a restaurant and someone said in the local paper that people had been getting sick after eating there. Wouldn't it piss you off if their only response when challenged is "oops, my mistake"??


Yes, people should be careful. But isn't the point of a forum like this, in part, to correct information when it is inaccurate by providing additional perspectives and discussion?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Lizak
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
darksurtur wrote:
Cincinnatus wrote:

You are talking about a man's business. Don't you think you should be more careful about what you say?

Suppose you have a restaurant and someone said in the local paper that people had been getting sick after eating there. Wouldn't it piss you off if their only response when challenged is "oops, my mistake"??


Yes, people should be careful. But isn't the point of a forum like this, in part, to correct information when it is inaccurate by providing additional perspectives and discussion?


No, I'd say the point of this forum is to share information, opinions, and promote discussion. It's a nice side effect that someone making incorrect (and irresponsible) statements can be quickly corrected (assuming someone feels like doing that correcting).

Just because someone might correct an inaccurate statement doesn't remove the responsibility for a poster to try and be accurate when they are saying bad things about a person's business.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Left Hand Reviews
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cincinnatus wrote:

You are talking about a man's business. Don't you think you should be more careful about what you say?

Suppose you have a restaurant and someone said in the local paper that people had been getting sick after eating there. Wouldn't it piss you off if their only response when challenged is "oops, my mistake"??


not sure where the hostility is coming from. i clearly made a mistake by mixing up two 3 letter acronyms, was corrected, and quickly acknowledged the error with the post in question. not sure what more you want me to do. I could delete the post, but I can't delete others that quoted me.

If it makes you feel better, I will edit the original post...
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mallory Dean
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The degree of fact checking that should take place before posting an ad or article in a newspaper is clearly different than that of a forum post. It is wonderful when everyone is perfect and does not get information incorrect but that will not always happen.

It seems to me that the intent of the poster was to point out a curious price policy for "local pick-up" that has given me pause in the past when considering ordering options. This information is helpful for consumers to know. It was unfortunate that the company in question was not the one that has this policy.

However, the mistake was discovered, taken ownership of, and apologized for... Through it all, NWS has gotten some postitive attention from obviously happy customers.

I am confident that I have and will make similar and even worse mistakes in comments posted so showing a level of understanding only makes sense to me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Lizak
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Of course, printing a story requires more fact checking. That's completely missing the point.

NWS is a small niche business. Before slagging them off on a forum that is likely a pretty important place to them, the poster should have at least thought through what they were saying and made an attempt to get their facts straight.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People make mistakes. That's life. Unless there is a long pattern of such-mistakes... the attention this incident received is unwarranted.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Lizak
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've run my own niche business and I can tell you it wasn't a lot of fun trying to pay the bills each month. The last thing I would have wanted was someone saying false things about my business and potentially costing me orders.

I just hope everyone reading this thread thinks twice before they slam another business without having their facts straight.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.