Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when you create a tournament deck are you limited to using just 1 expansion or are you supposed to pull from as many expansions as you want. I am confused about this. My wife and I want to play tournament style but don't understand the deck making rules. I interpret them as saying we both have to use the same expansion type to make our deck from.

if someone could shine some light on this please.

cory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Horne
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation was that you can pull from as many as you'd like. One of the cards in the Barbarians and Traders expansion actually deals with magic, so that would imply that both Barbarians & Traders and Wizards & Dragons would be in use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can make a tournament deck using cards from ANY combination of expansions that you like.

However, for each SPECIFIC CARD, you are only allowed to have as many of that card as supplied in one base set and one SET of ALL the expansions.

Example: There are two Cannons in the Science & Progress expansion. Thus, your tournament deck could have up to 2 Cannon cards, but you could NOT have 3 (from a second set of expansions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for your responses. It does make sense to play that way.

Cory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.