Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a pretty far fetched attempt but I bought both the genestealer and deathwing expansions (advertised as complete) on eBay about a week ago from the same seller and the package arrived today only to find several pieces missing.

After contacting the seller I learned they were selling their sons copy of the game and knew very little about the game itself. They had sold a 1st Ed Space Hulk just yesterday 4/4/2011 http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam... and after viewing the photos in the auction I can see that in it were the pieces I'm missing from my game that I purchased from the seller.

What I'm missing are the 16 genestealer blips from the genestealer expansion and the 3x2 wide corridor dead end tile from the Genestealer expansion. I'm also missing some of the genestealer hybrid weapons (mostly the heavy weapons) I couldn't see those in the photos but they may have found their way into that box as well who knows.

Basically what I'm hoping is that the person who bought that copy of space hulk will see this and contact me as I would be willing to buy those pieces off of them to complete my sets. So if your out there please let me know and I would be happy to work something out with you to get myself the blips and the 3x2 dead end tile. If the weapons are there I'll happily buy those as well.

Also while I'm at it I will mention that in my games I found 2 board tiles from the base game which weren't suppose to be included in my sets as well as several extra space marines. If the buyer wants those missing pieces I could throw those pieces into the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tazar,
did the seller give you name etc. of the buyer of the base game so that you can contact him via E-bay or per e-mail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did ask the seller to try to put me in contact with the other buyer but at the same time I didn't want to overstep any bounds, so I made it clear that I'm only interested in contacting the other buyer with his permission. As a result the seller assured me that they will message the buyer tomorrow with my ebay name and give them the choice to contact me in regards to selling me the pieces.

This was just an antsy attempt on my part because waiting is so hard The buyer also was kind enough to offer me a full return or a partial refund and I went with a partial refund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So ... what happened? Did you get in touch with the other buyer?

Did everyone get their proper components?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I was never able to get in touch with the other buyer. And since the seller did give me a hefty refund to make up for the error I didn't want to keep hounding them so I dropped it. The other buyer never contacted me despite the seller giving them my contact info and explaining the situation. That said I used the refund to buy a very reasonably priced genestealer expansion on eBay at the net cost of 25 dollars out of my pocket (after my refund). So now I have 1 full set (models still on spures as well!) and one mostly full set of genestealer which I may end up trying to sell or piece meal to others looking to complete their sets.

That all said I'm still after 4 plain old genestealers to complete my deathwing set and be 100% on both deathwing and genestealers expansions, if anyone out there can help me out let me know I do have a couple marines I could trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's too bad, but I'm glad it turned out mostly OK.

I had a similar thing happen to me when I bought Gunslimger on eBay. Listed as complete, but none of the mapboards were there. They were selling a lot of games from a deceased relative, and didn't really know the games. I'm sure that the maps got mixed in with another game and went to someone else. We never found them, and we also agreed to a partial refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.