Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leandro Ronderos
Spain
GIJON
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you play a start card (1-11,13) to take out a new pawn onto play when the start box has one of your pawns?

You can do it when there is a pawn of another player, but can you do it over one of yours?

Ty very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Your pawn in your Start spot is protected from EVERYTHING. No one can jump over it, jump on it, swap it, etc. Not even you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dosxtres wrote:
Can you play a start card (1-11,13) to take out a new pawn onto play when the start box has one of your pawns?

You can do it when there is a pawn of another player, but can you do it over one of yours?

There's something wrong with your question. How would this be possible? You would have to put it on the space that's already occupied by your own pawn, and you obviously can't do that. I think you're understanding some key rule incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
Fayetteville
Tennessee (TN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
dosxtres wrote:

There's something wrong with your question. How would this be possible? You would have to put it on the space that's already occupied by your own pawn, and you obviously can't do that. I think you're understanding some key rule incorrectly.

Only reason I could think of would be wanting to stay "alive" for the current round by burning a start card, without moving a key blocker. Allowing you to spin your wheels for one round and hopefully knock someone else out who can't move past you.

Regardless, no, it isn't legal to start on, swap, take, pass, jump, or otherwise fondle a piece sitting on its own start square.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you think he's asking if he can bring his own pawn out, and send his other pawn back, thus ending with exactly the same position but having burned a card?

No, you can't do that.

You can't even land on your own pawns elsewhere on the board, when they aren't on your start space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
You can't even land on your own pawns elsewhere on the board, when they aren't on your start space.

I believe you can, and must do this if it is your only possible move. (When other pawns are trapped at home or behind a blockade on another player's Start spot for instance...) You will send your own pawn home when landing on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leandro Ronderos
Spain
GIJON
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
[q="DaviddesJ"][q="dosxtres"]

Only reason I could think of would be wanting to stay "alive" for the current round by burning a start card, without moving a key blocker. Allowing you to spin your wheels for one round and hopefully knock someone else out who can't move past you.

Regardless, no, it isn't legal to start on, swap, take, pass, jump, or otherwise fondle a piece sitting on its own start square.

Yes, this was the reason.

Anyone knows if this is enforced in BSW?

Ty for your replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brokasaphasia wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

I believe you can, and must do this if it is your only possible move.

Wow, my French/German isn't so good, but that really isn't what I thought the rules say. Can you quote the supporting text?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
brokasaphasia wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

Wow, my French/German isn't so good, but that really isn't what I thought the rules say. Can you quote the supporting text?

Well the English Brandi rules say:
If two marbles, including two that belong to the same player, land on the
same field, the one that was there first is sent back to the kennel.

Why do you believe otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
brokasaphasia wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

I have an unofficial translation, and I know that BSW implements this rule, so I always teach my Schmidt version to people with that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
brokasaphasia wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

german rules wrote:
Zieht ein Spieler mit seiner Figur auf ein Feld, auf dem bereits eine Figur steht, so wird diese Figur (auch eigene) geschlagen und in den Start zurückgestellt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
german rules wrote:
Zieht ein Spieler mit seiner Figur auf ein Feld, auf dem bereits eine Figur steht, so wird diese Figur (auch eigene) geschlagen und in den Start zurückgestellt.

Thanks! I should have been able to find that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.