Fürstenfeld» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Cards to build where you draw Palace cards early rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
Reposting this with better title to post:

I really like this game, but the screwball that is luck makes me think building certain cards is better every other game. Which I suppose is a sign of good replayability. This game I got five palace cards in my 10 draw cards which just seems to me to be strangely lucky. I won fairly easily in a 2 player by spacing them appropriately and overbuilding certain spots.

But I was thinking as I was playing that, if I had instead drew palace cards early, that the Trading Houses (or whatever they are called that let you hold extra cards in your hand) would be super handy. Is this is a particularly critical building in this situation? Or is a labratory just as good? Or is this very player number dependent? Or I suppose a Scavenger / Labratory combo? I suppose it matters how many Palace cards you draw early. If it's just 1 or 2, you can compensate without necessarily having to cycle the deck faster with a Labratory. Maybe I'm overthinking it. I've gotten very different hands in several plays now.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.