Subject: Color blindness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about getting this to play with my niece (6) and newphew (3). They love playing games with us, go nuts over GuloGulo and Sorry Sliders. Maia likes Hey That's My Fish and Chicken Cha Cha, but Charley thought it was a bit boring.

Maia is ultra competitive, Charley likes helping other people win.

I was thinking that Kids of Carcassonne would be a nice game for crossing the age gaps and their different play styles. The trouble is - as we found out playing GuloGulo - that Charley is color blind.

Someone else mentioned that their grandfather had trouble with this game for that reason. I just wanted to check how big a deal is it? Are the pieces differentiated by anything other than color? Could I easily mark the red/blue characters so that they were different?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's a huge problem. The meeples are identical except for colour, but marking them should fix that. On board, the characters look different.

This is a very good game. The three-year-old is perhaps a tad young - my son didn't really enjoy the game before he was four, almost five - but rules-wise this is simple enough for him, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.