Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My church is currently renovating the basement to become a youth area for our youth group. It would be great to have a crokinole board for them to use. I help with our youth but I will geekmail you our youth minister's contact info.
I own a Mayday crokinole board myself, and I do bring it up to the church for game nights occasionally, so most of the youth, and some of the adults have played a little. I know when I do bring my Mayday board, it is never idle. There are always people playing on it.

I will geekmail you both my contact information and our youth minister's contact information. I know the kids would get a ton of use out of this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes please send us the info and we will be happy to send your ministry the November board! Please let us know how they like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Information sent via Geekmail... I will be sure to give you feedback once it arrives.

Thank You! I know it will get very heavy use among both the youth and the adults.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Riddell
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I lead a game group out of our church, Crossroads Community Church in Webster NY, about every two weeks as an outreach ministry to the local community. I bring most all of the games each time (about 100 to select from). Last week I lugged my Crokinole board to our group and it was a hit. I'd love to start building up a church gaming library for our Youth Group, to use at our game group, and for other functions. Check out our page at http://www.crossroads-community-church.org/SmallGroups/Cross.... We'd love to spread the joy of Crokinole as we spread the joy of gaming together here in the Rochester area.

Incidentally, I just mentioned the Mayday Crokinole board to some displaced Canadians who just so happened to have started coming to our church recently after first checking out our game group. They of course were familiar with the game and may be looking for a board soon. I told them that this is a great way to go.

If you select us then I can send you my pastor's contact information or you can find it at the link above. Regardless of whether you select us or not, this is a wonderful thing you are doing, so thank-you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that would be great, we will try to get our December board out to your charity in a few weeks (December). It may be our last one until Spring as we have run out of standard crokinole boards and only have premium ones left in stock at the moment and they are very low stock too.

Send me a geekmail with your info and we can work out the details!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
Yes please send us the info and we will be happy to send your ministry the November board! Please let us know how they like it!

I just wanted to give you some feedback on the crokinole board. We have had several Church game nights since receiving the board. I took my own Mayday board up to game night as well and the two boards were constantly played throughout the night on each game night.

We have also used the board at youth nights and there is always a line waiting to play next.

I can safely say everyone loves the crokinole boards and they are always eager to play whenever we bring them out. I would not be surprised if some people ordered their own boards as they really seem to like them alot!

I have the lighter colored board.. the board you sent the church is the darker board so it is nice to have the different boards not only to keep track of which belongs to whom, but it lets people see their options if they want to get one of their own.

Thank you so much! This board will get heavy use for many many years to come and introduce many people to the game of crokinole
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Riddell
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it is my turn now. The Crokinole board has been a real blessing to our game group. It is one fast board and looks great (I have to wax my own board now to try to match its speed.) It's been a hit with the people that I've introduced to it and I'm thinking of holding a mini-tournament at the group to get everyone to give it a try. We have yet to get it on the wall, but it is going to look great once we do.

Oddly, when the board arrived it was missing 7 of the 8 screws that hold it together, but luckily my pastor is a bit of a handyman and had the screws and the know how to make everything just right.

The next thing I'll be looking for is something to carry it in so I can spread the joy beyond our group. This board works so well that it sells itself to the people that play it, but I still mention how impressed I am that this board plays faster than my personal board which cost almost twice as much.

Thank-you and I will try to share future experiences we have with our new crokinole board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddell wrote:

The next thing I'll be looking for is something to carry it in so I can spread the joy beyond our group. This board works so well that it sells itself to the people that play it, but I still mention how impressed I am that this board plays faster than my personal board which cost almost twice as much.

If you haven't seen the threads about using a Gong case.. they seem to be the best way to go if $$ is not an issue.

I kept the inner box that Mayday shipped my personal board in and the triangle shaped cardboard support pieces and I use that to keep my board in and transport it in. That's the best option until you find something more long term. We are also using this method to keep the Church's board safe in between plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Riddell
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I have a musical pastor and was thinking of asking him to keep gong or large cymbal cases in mind when he is thrifting for music stuff (he finds guitars and accessories in need of love and care and resells them after he restores them).

Thanks for the reminder about the inner box. I meant to mention it. We're using it as well for now. The outer box had usual wear and tear from shipping, but that inner box was in great shape and that's what we're keeping the board in for now. It's just another great and possibly unintended side benefit of this board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the feedback! We are excited to share this game and hope the donated boards will continue to get good play for years to come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We just wanted to bump this thread and remind all of you Crokinole fans out there that if you know of a worthy school/library/charity/church where kids could benefit from a crokinole board to please let us know. We would love to send some more boards out and we haven't had any requests in a while.

We have our newest boards available and they are GREAT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vu
United States
Orinda
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I work at a psychiatric hospital for kids on a 5150 (those that pose a danger to themselves and to other people). As a group therapist there I try to find ways for the kids to connect and engage with one another. I have often used board games to accomplish this goal and discovered in the process that the kids gravitate towards dexterity games like Rampage,Coconuts, and Toc Toc Woodman. Seeing the kids reimmerse themselves into being a kid by destroying micro size cites ,the infectious grins when they land a perfect shot into a cup with their monkey launcher or when they moan over accidentally knocking down the entire tree in Toc Toc Woodman has made the investment worth it . Naturally the next game I thought to add to the kid's collection is adding a Crokinole table to not only further fuel their competitive spirit but also give them a mental break from all issues going on with their life. However, I'm still a student and unable to shell out the means to afford one. I would love for Mayday games to donate one! I promise that I will spread the joy of gaming and we will maintain the beautiful board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.