Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Bausack» Forums » General

Subject: Sac Noir Quality Issues rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sorry, my sac is in pristine condition, so I can't help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine looked the same. I was disappointed and promptly returned it to the shop.
(I now own a copy of Bausack, jubilee edition, in the box, which is fine.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
that's just the normal edition "20 years of bausack" or whatever in the box, not just the sack.
Here on BGG it is simply called "Zoch second edition", even used as the representative image. Nothing special

Sry if you found that misleading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Winter wrote:
Jubilee Edition?? Awesome, I'll have to check it out! Probobly too late for me to return my copy now (I'm not too sure how the protocol of returning something in better condition than when you bought it would work out!), but it's good to know that I'm not the only one.

Brian, I'm pleased to hear about the pristine nature of your sac... but how about your copy of the game?

Regarding the quality of my copy of Sac Noir, it was, if I recall, not the greatest quality paint job, but I was so ecstatic about finding a copy at the time, I paid it no mind. I later traded it away since I also had the basic Bausack, which in turn was also traded away for something.

In any case, I didn't return it so I'm not sure whether it was a defective manufacturing run, or something each copy suffered from. I personally didn't sweat it since aesthetics is not something I prize in a dexterity game that's not supposed to be a work of art like a $400+ Crokinole board, for instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Medina
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Property of LunaClara
badge
Board games rule my life, and my wife's. That is a good thing, believe it or not ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree the paint job is not the best. Having said that, I am debating as to whether or not to paint the pieces. I am afraid that would make them smoother and thus more likely to slide and cause the towers to collapse easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.