Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In what order do you execute attacks in a 3 and 4 player game? From the highest priority to the lowest one?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Christopherson
United States
flag msg tools
"All players should follow the five steps of the beat together. This means there is a much greater potential for clashes between players. In the case of priority ties, the player whose team has the highest combined priority wins the tie and a clash should only be resolved in the case of an entire team tie.If two players on the same team tie, they do not clash. Instead, they may decide amongst themselves what order to execute in." -Preliminary rules for expanded play.

Essentially, yes. When playing Boss Mode, the boss is considered his own team, so a priority tie against either character would defer to the higher team total (usually the normal characters since it's unlikely that the partner character would have negative priority.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of this depends on which multiplayer mode you are playing--2v2 teams will work differently than 3v1 or 2v1 boss mode, for example.

You still always go from highest to lowest priority, (and when two players on opposite teams tie, their teammates are the tiebreakers, as Steven mentioned).

Players can never hit their teammates, but can fire through them if they have range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have the 2v2 and/or boss mode rules been published somewhere that I missed? Or is this a playtester thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Perepelkin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It may be a bit off-topic but nevertherless...
In "boss mode" does the boss himself get some kind of boost? Or there is a pool of special characters (I think not but who knows?) to battle against (like strong NPCs from the world's story)?
This mode sounds very interesting so it keeps me wondering...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Christopherson
United States
flag msg tools
Boss mode uses your normal style cards, but a more powerful set of bases. One of the review videos actually shows them (the yellow bases). To the best of my knowledge the details aren't finalized, but there's also some tweaks made to the character ability (i.e. Hikaru can spend any number of tokens per beat and regains a token of his choice at every End of Beat.) Basically, any character can be played as a Boss Character with their usual playstyle intact (after all, the intent is for players to really like and master favorite characters.) Why make you learn/play somebody else just so your friends can have the fun of facing the Boss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.