Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Javi Santos
Spain
sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Just by reading the rules, I see potential differences when combining both expansion (great wall and superevent) if the mongols are the seventh tile. As I understand, both items are handled after the normal tile effect, and before the normal scoring, but: which is the order between them?
Just to illustrate, suppose the superevent is the Lanternfest, in which players score the persons in their palaces as at the game end. If the wall has not been constructed long enough, the player who contributed less must release a person. If Lanternfest takes place first, this to-be-released person would score. If Great Wall takes place first, it does not score.
I think something similar would happen with Buddha, and even could be a difference with Earthquake.

Any opinion?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good question, and I don't know the answer. If I had to decide, I would resolve the Great Wall first and the Super-Events second.

My (very thin) rationale is that the GW seems intended primarily as an enhancement of the Mongol event. The effect is "rolled in" to the base Mongol event rules, sort of as an addendum. On the other hand, the SEs are a new, separate set of events that come after normal events resolve. Since the GW is now a part of the normal event, it has to resolve first.

Clear as mud, I'm sure, but that's how I'm handling it. Hopefully the designer or some official-looking alea person with a monocle and a pocket-watch will come along and rule on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javi Santos
Spain
sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks very reasonable to me, so I´ll take for good unless we get this official rule from somebody. Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.