Subject: Oh those awful battles! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm. In a battle involving both triremes and hoplites, once one nation has become the main attacker [or defender] does that mean no other nation can place tropps in the other main attacker box?

e.g. if Sparta placed troops in the main attacker box for hoplites, would Sparta then be the only country allowed to put troops in the main attacker trireme box?

My concern is that a player could plsce a unit in the first battle box and then prevent anyone placing in the second battle box, so that the tile could not be won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
veritas nos liberabit
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
Interesting question. I would say that there always has to be primary attacker in both boxes so that a losing army can take losses. So, in a case when Sparta sends only the hoplites (and they are the main attacker) and the other city sends only the triremes, if a naval battle is lost, it's the other city that suffer losses.

So I would play it that way; I am not sure to what extent my interpretation is correct though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hamen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Music sucks now....
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, the main attacker box both hoplite and trireme is for one player only. Limiting yourself to make another player not be able to win the tile on attack will only make it extremely easy for the defender to win the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
gentlegiantglass wrote:
Correct, the main attacker box both hoplite and trireme is for one player only.

One player, or one city? There's a difference. Can a player use units from one of his controlled cities for the main hoplite battle and units from one of his other controlled cities for the main trireme battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Square
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player. Once a player have placed his/her force to a main attacker or defender box, only this player can add counters to this box. Other players can place theirs in the allies box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See my variant rules Mike for solutions to this and other related problems. I would not play Perikles without them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.