Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
bitsofboardgames.blogspot.com My Game Blog
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, Blink of an Eye is the name for two reasons - First I'm graduating from College on Saturday, and it really has been a Blink of an Eye. Second, Blink-182 is the name of a band that I've enjoyed but not my personal favorite.

Second,
Josh Alamillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and I will be your co-mods. This is to keep the game moving as best we can, and to ease the work load on both of us, as well as have more checks on everything.

This is Play-By-Forum Game #182 in the PBF Series established by (ColtsFan76), whom we're all grateful for because if it weren't for him we would not be moderating a game that is about to take up a significant portion of our lives. .

Anyway, this will be a 6 or 7-player, text-based Exodus and Pegasus game using Cylon Fleet and Conflicted Loyalties, with no Ionian Nebula. A cylon leader will be playable, necessary for a 7 player, not required for a 6, but recommended

The fine print. Read if this is your first BSG PBF game. Skim if it isn’t.
Post typography
* Normal text for discussions, etc
* Italics for flavour text/fluff - love reading it, keeps the game fun and interesting.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread.

Images
Avatars change, images don't. Images can be found here. Please use an image or banner for all of your posts (especially in-character).

Players
This game is by invite only - there is a waiting list being maintained here - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BSG_PBF

- Rules & Regulations for the PBF games apply.
- To make things easier on ourselves, we will refer to all players by your character name and noun.
- For game speed, CO’s are a great way to keep things moving along, and should be sent to both of us. Yes, we know this complicates your life, but seriously, it takes all of 5 seconds to add another person to the message.
- We will not wait for you to use your OncePerGame unless you say so, and if you’re going to interrupt in favor of the Cylons then please leave a CO beforehand, since we're not going to check specifically for this every time there’s an attack.

Rules... most stolen from
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
, and some of our own added in last.

d10-1 You must check in at least twice a day. Seriously, please do. Games can be very irritating when players move ridiculously slowly. Just check in, and if you're not going to be here for a while let us know. If you have not made a move in 12 hours or so when you have to act, we will issue a warning. If you still have not moved in 24 hours, we reserve the right to take measures as we deem fit. Do this multiple times and we will remove you from the game for repeat offenses. Yes, real life happens, and if you can't check in at work, or something happens to your computer, please let us know.

d10-2 Public COs are strictly forbidden, and so are “CO sent” announcements. All COs are strictly confidential in geekmail between you and me. Bolding actions when it's not your go is also forbidden (since they're public COs by another name). In the real game, you are never publicly bound to actions as you are with COs, so they should stay private. This is to protect an unrevealed Cylon’s right to lie, and to decrease the certainty of future events (and hence maintain paranoia). I also do not want to create an environment of “gaming” the CO system.

d10-3 There are tweaks to characters to better balance the game:
- Cain: For Cain's Blind Jump OPG, the destination drawn will be the 2nd destination card from the top (no interference from Launch Scout). This fits better with the theme, in my opinion(well, his opinion, but mine too ).
- Gaeta: For Gaeta's re-roll, he must reveal a Strategic Planning or a Calculations from his hand in order to re-roll.

d10-4 You are encouraged not to click back through too many previous pages to track cards played that you weren't actively trying to remember. If you do have to discuss something obscure that happened in the past, do not quote or link, but use your own words to describe what you think happened.

d10-5 For interrupt COs, we will wait untill everybody who hasn't sent in a CO has played or passed, before adding in your COs. This gives you time to check in and revise your CO if needed, and allows us to pass late checkers who did not send in a CO but don't have the card, without giving away the information that they don't have the card. Also figure that interrupts shouldn't be the thing that slows the game down, so absolutely no more than 24 hours on them.

d10-6 You are encouraged to thumb the last post in this thread every time you check in. This allows other players to see who's online at this moment. Be sure to thumb other posts you like (or retract the last-post thumb once it's no longer it, if it doesn't jive with your thumbing policy). Personally, Josh thumbs any post with italics, I thumb the posts I really like. Ham it up and play your character! Or in the case of less prominent characters, invent a new direction!

d10-7 Some characters will have some hidden tweaks. Don't worry about them too much, not everyone is guaranteed to have one, and they are tied to specific characters. That being said it's probable that everyone, will get one, but not certain. None of the abilities will be visible to anyone besides the specific player and the mods, so please let your actions speak for themselves and don't say anything like "I did this because I somehow know this, don't ask how."

d10-8 We both suck at making images. And really don't want to figure out how to use the cool thing all the other text-based games use. Therefore, my updates will look like this:

Start of Turn 2.4 wrote:

Progress
Distance: 1
Jump Track: RED(1)

Resources
Fuel: 5
Food: 6
Morale: 2
Population: 14

Dradis
Sector 1: 1 basestar
Sector 2: Civilian Ship A, 5 raiders
Sector 3: 1 viper
Sector 4: Civilian Ship B, Civilian Ship C, 7 raiders
Sector 5: 1 heavy raider
Sector 6: 1 heavy raider

Fleet
Reserves: 0 vipers, 0 raptors, 9 civilian ships
Damaged: 4 vipers, 2 Mark VII's
Destroyed: 3 vipers,2 Mark VII's, 4 raptors

Cylon Fleet Board
Sector 1(7-8):
Sector 2(5-6): 1 basestar
Sector 3(3):
Sector 4(1): 14 raiders
Sector 5(2):
Sector 6(4): 1 heavy raider

Boarding Party
Start:
Space 1:
Space 2:
Space 3:4 Centurions
HUMANS LOSE:

Damage
Galactica:
Fuel-Resource(out of game)
Admiral’s Quarters
Armory

Pegasus:
Destroyed

Destroyed Civilian Ships
None yet

Baltar
Cards: 5
Titles: President
Quorum Hand: 5

Starbuck
Cards: 2
Titles: CAG

Cally
Cards: 0

Tigh
Cards: 7
Titles: Admiral
Nukes: 1

Ellen
Cards: 9
CYLON
Super Crisis x1

Please look over this and make sure We're not missing anything, as it's my first and Josh's second time modding an Exodus game.

Invites:
The first 7 players on the list are being invited, the first 6 to respond are for sure in, and vote on if they want a 6 or 7 player game

Invited

Ereinion2000
neochivlary
Darth Servo

Accepted!:
awp832
Khaaaaan
Schwade
Ackbar117
CapZich
leafboy

You were invited because you had a preference for Exodus, didn't hate Pegasus, and were ok with 6 or 7 players. If you feel this game isn't what you want, please feel free to decline so I can send out more invites if needed. Thanks . Happy Cylon Hunting, or Human destroying. .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Co-Mods are a great idea! Gerry and I did it for a bit in BSG 136, but it fell apart since my files were too inaccessible. It helps the most if you have two people on opposite sides of the world as co-mods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David. Even though we're in the same time zone, our sleep schedules are pretty varied, so I think we cover 18-20 hours per day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Alamillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi everyone, happy to be your co-mod, although David will be doing most of the heavy lifting. Just wanted to mention one more major tweak we're making to this game: The Cylon Leader agenda. Everyone hates having fifth humans in seven-player games or third cylons in six-player games, and the current agendas tend to make that likely.

So, we edited the agendas. We'll go ahead and tell you that all twelve are now in the form

You Win The Game If:

The humans have won and X

OR

The Cylons have won and X

In general, the win conditions have become a bit harsher, but the agendas are overall easier because you now have a choice. As a common rule:

6-player agenda:
Human win- Harm the humans slightly-moderately, easier win conditions.
Cylon win- Help the humans quite a lot, harder win conditions.

7-player agenda:
Human win- Harm the humans substantially, difficult win conditions.
Cylon win- Usually harm the humans moderately, but sometimes help them. Easier win conditions.

The agendas are still distributed into 6 Hostile and 6 Sympathetic, by the way, with their categories kept in mind.

Obviously, these agendas haven't been playtested, though we've looked over them multiple times and think they seem balanced. At the very least, they all look like they'll make for an entertaining game. Now that the Cylon Leader has a choice, he or she will be more conflicted than ever, with both sides knowing that the Cylon Leader can potentially win with them!

But, since there will likely be at least one bad one in there, the Cylon Leader will draw 2 agendas at the start of the game and choose one. That way it's likely he/she won't be stuck with something unreasonable.

And that's all. Have a great time .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Alamillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last part of the post should also say "6-7 players"... let's not confuse people .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pogatshnik
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I accept on the condition that we use the Cylon Fleet board. If that is cool, sign me up =). Otherwise I'll hold out for the next go.

-awp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Alamillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awp832 wrote:
I accept on the condition that we go to either Ionian Nebula or Kobol, and NOT new caprica. Also must use the Cylon Fleet board. If all that is cool, sign me up =). Otherwise I'll hold out for the next go.

-awp.

Congratulations, you're our first player. We are going to Kobol and are using Cylon Fleet and Conflicted Loyalties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pogatshnik
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
hm. dont know how I missed that in your first post. I was looking for it.... Oh well. Awesome, looking forward to it.

-awp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Good luck guys. Personally I'm a fan of untested variants. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:

Good luck guys. Personally I'm a fan of untested variants. whistle

No, really?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
For those of you who don't know, Matt ran several test games with special cylon abilities, a completely revamped cylon leader, and is now running a new treachery variant game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invite, but I'm going to decline this one. The rules tweaks sound interesting, but I don't think I'd be able to keep up with the action without the board image to look at.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Schwendemann
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

I enjoy playtesting new variants, so this should be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Alamillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think David was planning on starting the search for alternates in a few hours. For the two of you who have answered, you may go ahead and state your preference for a 6 or 7-player game. Also, the crew might as well start discussing who might want to take the Cylon leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pogatshnik
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
i'd prefer 6, but I'm open to 7 if it must be. To me, 1 less player is 1 less player to wait on, might help speed the game.

If we played a 6 player game, then nobody would *have* to be a cylon leader if they didn't want to. But I guess you two would prefer if there was one, for the sake of your rules. I'll do it if nobody else steps up. But if somebody really has their heart set on being a Cylon leader, I'll bow out and let them take the position, as I like playing the regular characters just as well.

-awp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, and would vote for 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point there are 6 invites out for 3 or 4 more spots.
I'm going to take them now as first come first serve, since the first ones on the list have had 24 hours to respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad DeRan
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. I love playing interesting variants, besides the agendas suck right now since everyone knows what you are trying for. Either 6 or 7 is fine with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tyler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I am in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to have you aboard.

Player Number wrote:

Ackbar117 - 6 or 7
CapZich -
awp832 - 6 will do 7
Shwade -
Khaaaan - 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Schwendemann
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Player Number wrote:

Ackbar117 - 6 or 7
CapZich -
awp832 - 6 will do 7
Schwade - prefer 6, but will play either.
Khaaaan - 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larsson
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Ill have to decline, sorry.
Since it would be my first PBF I feel it better to play a game without that many tweeks.
Also would like allies in and since no Ionian nebula Im guessing this is not the case with this game.
But hafe fun ppl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Alamillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Okay, so that's two days. I think I'm going to take matters into my own hands and invite two more people:
leafboy
WallyNate

...I'm going to give all our remaining invitees more time to accept, maybe another twelve hours or so, then if by that certain time period we have 6 or 7, we'll go with whatever we have. People don't seem to be too picky on number of players anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Accept the invite. Thanks!

This is my second BSG PBF, and I've also PBF'd Fury of Dracula and Dungeon Lords before so I'm familiar with the PBF format

I have no preference as to number of players.

First time with multiple moderators though, so just a quick question about CO's...I'm sending to you both right? EDIT: Looks like I just needed to read the first post again

Good luck all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Alamillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leafboy wrote:
Accept the invite. Thanks!

This is my second BSG PBF, and I've also PBF'd Fury of Dracula and Dungeon Lords before so I'm familiar with the PBF format

I have no preference as to number of players.

First time with multiple moderators though, so just a quick question about CO's...I'm sending to you both right?

Good luck all

Yay, welcome!

As for CO's, I think it'll be split. Interrupts involving skill cards and interrupts for skill checks will probably go to mathguy6189, as he will be in charge of the skill decks, destiny, etc.. CO's involving anything else should probably go to me, as I'll be in charge of pretty much everything else, in particular: some of the hidden abilities, the CL agenda, the civilian ships, Crisis/Destination deck, etc. Don't worry about it too much, though , we both check in quite a lot so sending your CO to either of us should be fine .

I'm going to give the remaining invitees a few more hours to respond to make this a 7-player game. If none do, we'll go ahead with our 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Mohling
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will pass as I would prefer an image game, at least until I'm used to the PBF format. Have fun guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.