Munchkin Sammlerkoffer» Forums » General

Subject: Any news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
I preordered this from Milan-Spiel back when it was first announced and took the time to also order some German, Pegasus Spiel only sets like the Christmas set and the Halloween Munchkin Bites, but none of it will ship until the Sammlerkoffer releases. I've only paid for the product, but none of the shipping because they won't even know how much the Sammlerkoffer weighs until they're made, but the date keeps getting pushed back.

On the off chance that someone in Europe may know more than what Steve Jackson Games does, please let us know what you might have heard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is actually a Pegasus product, not a SJG product. It's also the Duke Nukem Forever of Munchkin products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
gschmidl wrote:
This is actually a Pegasus product, not a SJG product. It's also the Duke Nukem Forever of Munchkin products.

I know, hence the post here vs. the Steve Jackson Games forum. They only know what they get told which is pretty much that it's still in development, or at least not out of the production phase. I was kinda hoping a European game retailer or someone at Pegasus would stumble over this. Conversing with Michael at Milan Spiel has been tedious with the language barrier. He speaks (or at least, types) English well, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't completely understand what I'm asking him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just checked the Pegasus forum. Unfortunately, people there know exactly as much as we do; amusingly, someone also uses "Pegasus' Duke Nukem" there.

Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
It was worth a shot. Since I already paid, I'm crossing my fingers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Olson
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this ever released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
soiledshortz wrote:
Was this ever released?

It keeps getting its release date pushed back. Sadly, I have a pre-order in for it at Milan-Spiele and don't know whether to cancel it or not. I even made the mistake of purchasing other items as well that are being held up by the Sammlerkoffer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Currently listed as an April 2012 release on the Pegasus Spiele website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
W Eric Martin wrote:
Currently listed as an April 2012 release on the Pegasus Spiele website.

Thanks, Eric. I appreciate the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron B.
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was listed for May, now its been pushed back to July....for now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been released!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
Huh. No update on the Milan-Spiele page. Perhaps I should have preordered direct from Pegasus. Crappy part is, I ordered and paid for other games as well at the same time and they wouldn't ship any of it until the Sammlerkoffer arrived. Heck, they haven't even quoted me a shipping cost to pay since they didn't know how much the case would weigh. I don't even know what card I used two years ago. For all I know, they'll try to put a charge through for shipping on a card I've since canceled.

Sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J D
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Got mine, just need an English translation or the time to pluck it all into into babelfish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Berger
Germany
Ahrensburg
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It arrived some days ago. very bad quality....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Berger
Germany
Ahrensburg
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ein wahres Trauerspiel. Noch nie musste ich auf etwas so minderwertiges so lange warten. Das war definitiv der letzte Munchkin-Artikel den ich mir gekauft habe.

Der langerwartete Koffer kam bei mir vor einigen Tagen an, und wie bei allen Anderen war die Vorfreude natürlich groß. Also vorsichtig ausgepackt und... Trotz doppelt eingeschweißtem Koffer hatte die schöne Banderole um selbigen schon einen Riss an der Aussparung für den Griff. Schade. Aber weiter, es geht ja um den Koffer. Jetzt wurde mir klar, warum der Riss da war, es war nahezu unmöglich die Banderole zerstörungsfrei zu entfernen. Endlich, der Koffer wird geöffnet. Eine lausig befestigte Innenverkleidung begrüßt mich.

Das Inlay für die Karten ist eine Tiefziehfolie deren Einteilung zumindest teilweise fraglich ist. Keine Ahnung wie man da die Anleitungen rein bekommen soll ohne gezwungen zu sein sie nochmals zu falten. Aber darüber wurde ja schon hier gesprochen. Von außen begrüßten mich zahlreiche kleine Macken am Gehäuse und teilweise einfach auch Schmutz.

Insgesamt wirkt dieser Koffer sehr minderwertig und schlecht verarbeitet.

Nun möchte ich zu dem Punkt kommen der wirklich nur unverschämt ist. Das beiliegende Schreiben von Pegasus.

Man könnte meinen: Oh wie schön, ein kleiner Brief in dem sich der Verlag für die Verspätung entschuldigt.
Doch Fehlanzeige, nicht ein einziges Wort der Entschuldigung für diese lange Wartezeit. Nur Lobpreisungen für den "Munchkin Sammlerkoffer". Dieser Koffer wirkt auf mich jedenfalls nicht wie ein "wahrer Titan", wie er in dem Brief bezeichnet wird.
Und jetzt soll auch noch "unsere Treue und unser Warten belohnt sein". Na Hallelujah! Und womit? etwa eine limitierte Munchkin-Karte für alle Vorbesteller?
Nein! "einen brandneuen Booster "Werwölfe: Kreaturen der Nacht" und
einen brandneuen Booster "Werwölfe: Filmmonster" geschenkt."

Vielen, vielen Dank Pegasus für eure unermessliche Großzügigkeit.

Doch das Beste kommt noch.
"...und falls es bei uns mal wieder länger dauert, dann zockt einfach
einie Runde "Munchkin" oder findet euch zu einer Großrunde "Werwölfe" zusammen...."
(Ich habe nur noch auf den Zusatz gewartet: "und nervt uns nicht mit Fragen wann es endlich geliefert wird")

Mit dieser Aktion hat Pegasus definitiv einen Kunden verloren.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
Translation of the above text, courtesy of Google Translate, so don't blame me if something is garbled.

Quote:
A true tragedy. I've never had something so inferior to wait so long. That was definitely the last Munchkin item I bought.

The long-awaited case came to me a few days ago, and like all others, of course, the anticipation was high. So carefully unpacked and ... Despite double-wrapped box was a beautiful band to have a crack at the selfsame recess for the handle. Too bad. But further, it's all about the case. Now I realized why the plan was there, it was almost impossible to remove the band-destructive. Finally, the case is opened. A lousy mounted trim greets me.

The inlay for the cards is a deep-drawn sheet whose classification is questionable, at least in part. I do not know how to get there without being forced to clean the instructions they have to fold again. But it was already spoken here. From the outside I was greeted by numerous small flaws on the case and sometimes just too dirty.

Overall, this case looks very poor and badly handled.

Now I want to get to the point which is really just outrageous. The enclosed letter from Pegasus.

You'd think: Oh how nice, a little letter in which the publisher apologizes for the delay.
None, however, not a single word of apology for this long wait. Only praise for the "Munchkin collectors case". This case seems to me, at least not as a "true titan" as he is referred to in the letter.
And now is also "our loyalty and our wait to be rewarded." Well, hallelujah! And with what? about a limited Munchkin card for all Pre?
No! "A brand new booster" Werewolves: Creatures of the Night "and
a brand new booster "Werewolf: Monster Movie" for free ".

Thank you so much for your immense generosity Pegasus.

But the best is yet.
"... And if it takes longer with us again, then simply gambles
Einie round "Munchkin" or find yourself a big round of "werewolves" together .... "
(I've only been waiting for the addition: "and does not annoy us with questions when it is finally delivered")

With this action, Pegasus has definitely lost a customer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.