Popular Tags: [View All]
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions after my first play:

- A posted review of the game mentions taking face-up wild cards for 2 actions points rather than one. This is not in rules that came with my game. Was this an official rule of some other version of the game?

- In scoring, unique colors get 4 points and longest sets get 3. Is this additive (i.e., would unique colors get 4 + 3 for the set)? The way I first read it, I thought that was the case, but now I'm guessing otherwise.

I think the fox would be even more strategic if having the fox sitting on a set meant that you couldn't add cards to that particular set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't attest to the correctness of taking the wild card for two actions although it reminds me of Ticket to Ride and I think it's a great idea. But I will say that scoring total is 4 NOT 4+3. The way I see it is you get both first AND second place (3+1=4) much like Moon's other games Union Pacific and Airlines/Airlines Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Eric. Your interpretation for scoring unique sets is what I ended up thinking must be proper way to score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shepherd
United Kingdom
Corbridge
Northumberland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had our first game of this, and were similarly confused by the rules for set scoring. However, the English rules for Reibach & Co, as transcribed at http://gamecabinet.com/rules/ReibachGerman.html, says:

4 million is received by a player for every business where they are the only player to have placed cards

3 million is brought to a player by a business that is not the only but the strongest of it's type (ie they have built the longest row of that type).

1 million is awarded for every business that represents the second longest row of that type.

(my emphasis)

So I guess that - all things being equal - Eric's interpretation is correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.