Hide
4 Posts

Citadels: The Dark City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hospital district card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wing Wah
msg tools
I wonder when does the assassinated take two gold or draw two cards and discard one - supposingly it is done when it comes to the turn of the assassinated, but then the assassinated will be revealed.

Is it better to let him/her take two golds or draw two cards, only after all others have completed their turns? This makes players keep guessing who's assassinated till the end of the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
DNA results: 50% West Europe; 19% Great Britain; 16% Ireland; 8% Scandinavian; 4% Iberian Peninsula; 2% Italy/Greece; 1% West Asia; -1% Middle East
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question - haven't ever drawn that card yet. But it really would be fine for the assassinated player to take the two gold when his turn comes up and reveal, as the card says he still takes income on "his turn" and then it "ends."

I don't think lifting the suspense about who is going to be assassinated will change anyone's decisions, but I could be missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wing_wah wrote:
I wonder when does the assassinated take two gold or draw two cards and discard one - supposingly it is done when it comes to the turn of the assassinated, but then the assassinated will be revealed.

Is it better to let him/her take two golds or draw two cards, only after all others have completed their turns? This makes players keep guessing who's assassinated till the end of the round.
In the Citadelles.net implementation, they had it that the assassinated player took his turn when he 's supposed to (sans special power and building of course.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Brígido B. Sales
Brazil
Fortaleza
Ceará
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
wing_wah wrote:

In the Citadelles.net implementation, they had it that the assassinated player took his turn when he 's supposed to (sans special power and building of course.)

I agree with that.
If the Assassin chooses the "Emperor" to kill, then when the Crown calls for the Emperor, he should reveal himself and take only his action, as stated in the "Hospital" card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.