Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After dinner we reset the board and were anxious to see how our second game would unfold. With a game under out belts, and hopefully a few lessons learned, we had hopes of finishing a little quicker this time around making up some lost time to stay on track to play a different game to finish the evening.

This time around we again dismissed the Baron Cards opting instead to spend a little time studying the Operations Cards and random goods distribution before starting.

Bidding in the auction made real sense this time with a couple of ideal first moves presenting themselves. Blue, the winner from the first game, won the auction and set the games course in motion.

We saw things in New England really heat up last time, this time was no different. I wanted to stay in the mix, so I fought for some track to capitalize on someone else’s deliveries later and then set my attention elsewhere. (Unfortunately it never panned out )

I was quickly falling behind in the scoring and income, my only saving grace was again having a low debt strategy keeping bonds to a minimum.

I had a plan to build the track network to deliver bunches of blue, black and yellow cubes from 2-3 links out to make a late game surge. But once again Blue was beginning to get some very nice things going with key distribution links from two cities that he also had Hotel cards for and was running away with the game.

Black decided to go after him, but it was too little, too late and the game ended much like the first with Blue winning convincingly.

Everyone game this game multiple thumbs up. I have a feeling that this game will be back to the table with these guys very soon.

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Mulholland
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, sounds like you all had a great time! Always fun to learn about new games from other people's enjoyment of them. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.