Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Moved from the original AI thread)

ackmondual wrote:
Another request to your version....
put in a "pts per card" average for at minimum, for devs (excluding non '?' 6-costs) only, for worlds only, and for both worlds and devs on tableau. Sometimes I wonder how I came out 20pts behind, and seing this figure mesh with having my first 3 worlds be worth 0pts, and the 4th and 5th one worth -1pt and 1pt respectively puts that into perspective.

If possible, (things seem to be reaching painfully high amount of effort to implement some of this), extend the above to take into account pts you got from 6-cost devs as well.
You know you can get break down of the score by hovering over the VP icon for each player? Do you still find it interesting to display average value for those values (worlds and devs)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, version 0.8.1l is here! Take a look at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7379896/rftg/index.html

Quite a few minor changes (some by requests in this thread) and bug fixes, and also some major:
* Move phase summary to the left and use icons instead of text (idea: Smash62bill)
* Auto-select forced choices for payment/consume/produce (optional) (by request: entranced)
* Add pass information for takeover during settle choice (idea: ackmondual)
* Much larger maximum log width and reset card image for each game (idea: Smash62bill)
* Allow save/undo/redo after using "the Debug card" dialog, and put debug messages in log
* New "Advanced options" dialog, with autosave and more export options
* More information in exported games, and possibility to load game from (offline) exported games

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borgemik wrote:

ackmondual wrote:
put in a "pts per card" average for at minimum, for devs (excluding non '?' 6-costs) only, for worlds only, and for both worlds and devs on tableau. Sometimes I wonder how I came out 20pts behind, and seing this figure mesh with having my first 3 worlds be worth 0pts, and the 4th and 5th one worth -1pt and 1pt respectively puts that into perspective.

If possible, (things seem to be reaching painfully high amount of effort to implement some of this), extend the above to take into account pts you got from 6-cost devs as well.
You know you can get break down of the score by hovering over the VP icon for each player? Do you still find it interesting to display average value for those values (worlds and devs)?

1) I don't recall what that looks like. I'll have to double check
2) I'm still on 0.8.2j, so I'm due for an update anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 3... siege attack 5? SYNTAX ERROR
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JW
Australia
Doncaster
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How to I install version l? It says something to the effect of program can't start because libglib-2.0-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix.

I reinstalled but that doesn't help either.

I was able to install version j before, but now after reinstalling the rftg program, now version j doesn't work either, with the same error message as above.

Thanks for your great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Børge!

I've built RFTG-0.8.1l for MacOS.

The zipped Application can be downloaded from my Dropbox: RFTG-0.8.1l.zip

NOTE: I am now on MacOS Lion (10.7) and using Xcode 4.1 but I set the RFTG BaseSDK to be 10.6, so hopefully this App will work for those of you still on Snow Leopard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st thing's first... I found a bug, but don't know if it's already been reported....

When consuming goods onto Gal. Exchange, I'm able to consume 5 goods on there, with the 5th good coming from OORT (the other 4 being straight up blue, brown, green, and yellow). Furthermore, I'm also able to consume a combo of any 3 of those goods.

ackmondual wrote:
borgemik wrote:

ackmondual wrote:

1) I don't recall what that looks like. I'll have to double check
2) I'm still on 0.8.2j, so I'm due for an update anyways.

Just checked it out... it tells you how many worlds, how many worlds, how many pts for those worlds, and ditto with the devs, with the devs separated by intrinsic value and from '?' pts. You still need to do the math in your head, but close enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feature request #1: When choosing an action, the magnified card shows the selected action when I hover over "done". This way I can double-check my action before clicking on "done".

Feature request #2: In the log, selected actions are not in player order, but in order that actions will be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsGetTrivial wrote:
Feature request #1: When choosing an action, the magnified card shows the selected action when I hover over "done". This way I can double-check my action before clicking on "done".

How would you work that with 2pa tho?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crushedguava wrote:
How to I install version l?
Same as before, just extract the zip to the original folder. (Note that there are two new icons this time.)
crushedguava wrote:
It says something to the effect of program can't start because libglib-2.0-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix.

I was able to install version j before, but now after reinstalling the rftg program, now version j doesn't work either, with the same error message as above.

Make sure that you copied the patch into the original folder, so that said dll is in the same folder as the executable. And that you start the program from within that folder, or, if you use a short cut, make sure that the "Start in" path of the short cut properties is that folder.

jearles wrote:

Thanks a lot! I have updated the web page.

ackmondual wrote:
1st thing's first... I found a bug, but don't know if it's already been reported....

When consuming goods onto Gal. Exchange, I'm able to consume 5 goods on there, with the 5th good coming from OORT (the other 4 being straight up blue, brown, green, and yellow). Furthermore, I'm also able to consume a combo of any 3 of those goods.

Yes, it's one of the known peculiarity of AOCR. It has been present all the way, so I haven't done anything to fix it.

LetsGetTrivial wrote:

Feature request #2: In the log, selected actions are not in player order, but in order that actions will be done.

As entranced said, how should the first request work in the advanced game? Split in half side by side? For the second request, the order of the phases is clearly stated in the new phase bar, and I think it is good to be reminded about the player order at the start of every round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JW
Australia
Doncaster
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borgemik wrote:
crushedguava wrote:
How to I install version l?
Same as before, just extract the zip to the original folder. (Note that there are two new icons this time.)
crushedguava wrote:
It says something to the effect of program can't start because libglib-2.0-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix.

Make sure that you copied the patch into the original folder, so that said dll is in the same folder as the executable. And that you start the program from within that folder, or, if you use a short cut, make sure that the "Start in" path of the short cut properties is that folder.

jearles wrote:

Thanks a lot! I have updated the web page.

ackmondual wrote:

Yes, it's one of the known peculiarity of AOCR. It has been present all the way, so I haven't done anything to fix it.

LetsGetTrivial wrote:

As entranced said, how should the first request work in the advanced game? Split in half side by side? For the second request, the order of the phases is clearly stated in the new phase bar, and I think it is good to be reminded about the player order at the start of every round.

Thanks. All solved. Great job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
LetsGetTrivial wrote:

How would you work that with 2pa tho?

Don't know. Good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Lichti
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsGetTrivial wrote:

Perhaps you are just looking for a way to make it more obvious which role(s) you selected? I know in the build I have (k?) the difference between an indented button and a raised button is not significant. Would adding an additional identifier help, something like changing the button color or highlighting the button in some way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkCracker wrote:
Perhaps you are just looking for a way to make it more obvious which role(s) you selected? I know in the build I have (k?) the difference between an indented button and a raised button is not significant. Would adding an additional identifier help, something like changing the button color or highlighting the button in some way?

One thing that could be done would be to bump up the chosen phases, the same way a card selected for discard is bumped up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
FunkCracker wrote:

One thing that could be done would be to bump up the chosen phases, the same way a card selected for discard is bumped up.
I've gotten used to it on winXP (the selected action(s) being slightly raised). On win7 it's a treat.... the selected action card(s) are hilighted with a clear, distinct, different color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkCracker wrote:
LetsGetTrivial wrote:

The problem I am trying to avoid is the following.
1. Select an action.
2. Move mouse right to "done" button.
3. What is showing in the magnification window? Produce because that will be the last thing moused over. This may cause some confusion for people who want to double check their roles.

Of course there is no double-check in the actual game so maybe the done button should just be removed for role/action selection. I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsGetTrivial wrote:
FunkCracker wrote:
LetsGetTrivial wrote:

1. Select an action.
3. What is showing in the magnification window? Produce because that will be the last thing moused over. This may cause some confusion for people who want to double check their roles.

Of course there is no double-check in the actual game so maybe the done button should just be removed for role/action selection. I don't know.
Personally, I'm used to that.... I don't look at the closeup window for what my action card(s) was/were selected.... I know to look at which of the action buttons were selected/"indented". I guess this is more of a personal preference thing, as I've never looked at the closeup to do that.

If playing the adv. game, definitely keep it the way it is. Too many combos to list out without having a "Done" button. I'd argue to keeo it that way for non-adv. games too, as I'm already used to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Personally, I'm used to that.... I don't look at the closeup window for what my action card(s) was/were selected.... I know to look at which of the action buttons were selected/"indented". I guess this is more of a personal preference thing, as I've never looked at the closeup to do that.

If playing the adv. game, definitely keep it the way it is. Too many combos to list out without having a "Done" button. I'd argue to keeo it that way for non-adv. games too, as I'm already used to that.

Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsGetTrivial wrote:
1. Select an action.

I definitively won't be taking away the done button. There is actually second chances IRL too. At least in my group it is allowed to put down an action card, and later pick it up, look at it, or change it. When all players have acked, they are flipped.

I have actually stopped clicking the done button, I just use Shift+Enter. (And I mostly only use F1-F5 for the action buttons, too.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all thank you and keldon for the awesome client!
It is pretty sweet and your gui improvements made it even more enjoyable.

But I found it a little bit strange that my password is displayed in clear text when the connect menu is opened.
I made very small changes so that it is different now in my version and if there is no specific reason why it should be like it is you could add the changes to your patches as well.
I changed the password entries for server connect, create game and join game, but only the password for the connect part seems important to me.
The create and join game ones could also stay as they are.

Here is a diff to your version 0.8.1l:

*** client.c.original 2011-09-14 19:03:48.365468410 +0200
--- client.c 2011-09-14 19:28:32.517477192 +0200
*************** with the password you enter.");
*** 1933,1938 ****
--- 1933,1940 ----
/* Create label and text entry */
label = gtk_label_new("Password:");
pass = gtk_entry_new();
+ /* Set the visibility of the password entry so that the password is not readable */
+ gtk_entry_set_visibility(pass, FALSE);

/* Check for no password in preferences */
if (!opt.password) opt.password = "";
*************** void create_dialog(GtkButton *button, gp
*** 2457,2462 ****
--- 2459,2466 ----
/* Create label and text entry for password */
label = gtk_label_new("Game password:");
pass = gtk_entry_new();
+ /* Set the visibility of the password entry so that the password is not readable */
+ gtk_entry_set_visibility(pass, FALSE);

/* Cap the password length */
gtk_entry_set_max_length(GTK_ENTRY(pass), 20);
*************** void join_game(GtkButton *button, gpoint
*** 2761,2766 ****
--- 2765,2772 ----
/* Create label and text entry for game password */
label = gtk_label_new("Game password:");
password = gtk_entry_new();
+ gtk_entry_set_visibility(password, FALSE);

/* Cap the password length */
gtk_entry_set_max_length(GTK_ENTRY(password), 20);

Thanks again for your work and feel free to use the changes. Or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
countcb wrote:
First of all thank you and keldon for the awesome client!
It is pretty sweet and your gui improvements made it even more enjoyable.

But I found it a little bit strange that my password is displayed in clear text when the connect menu is opened.

It is not necessarily a good thing to mask passwords. See for instance http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/07/the_pros_and_c...

It does not really matter much, but I have decided not to mask passwords in this program. The biggest reason is that it might trick users into believing that the password is a secret. It is not! First of all, it is stored in plain text in Keldon's databases (in my patch, the user passwords are encrypted, but the game passwords are not). The passwords are also stored in the user preference file and transmitted in plain text.

So by keeping it visible, I hope that people realize that they should not pick a password that they use for anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, understandable reasoning.

Then I will keep the changes only in my version.
I don't really like it that everybody who sees me connecting to the server can read my password (although I don't use this password for anything else).

That's the cool thing about open source

Keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borgemik wrote:
Finally, version 0.8.1l is here! Take a look at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7379896/rftg/index.html
[...]
* Configurable XLST style sheet for exported games

What does this mean exactly, compared to before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
borgemik wrote:
[...]
* Configurable XLST style sheet for exported games

What does this mean exactly, compared to before?
What you enter in this text box in "Advanced Options..." will be pasted into the exported xml file

<?xml-stylesheet href="HERE" type="text/xsl" ?>

Meaning that you in particular don't have to paste this line into every PBF decision..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Arkhipov
msg tools
Bug in 0.8.1l: In 2PA, one can choose to search and do a prestige action in the same round. This lets you illegally take two search/prestige actions in a game.

I've only tested this against AI offline. This behavior is prevented in Keldon's original program by deselecting the prestige button if you search, and ignoring clicks to the prestige button if search is chosen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.