Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Liang Teo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't support for card swapping. In many of our games, people often bet on other players' horses out of their own benefit to earn $ rather than helping each other. Thus i don't see this option of card swapping being of much use then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not give it a try?

Run a "No-holds barred" houserule race! Trade, swap, sell horses to each other, swap jockeys, trade cards, sell cards, sell your re-roll token...

It might make for an awesome variant! Since the entire point of the game is to have the most money at the end, any house rules won't really effect balance or anything, since everyone is free to wheel and deal as they see fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be a variant, and not permissable under the normal rules.

Nothing wrong with the idea, but I'd play a few games as per the rules before I change them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind... If I made a guess I would say I have nearly 60 plays of Long Shot with the rules as written, and though we have joked about trading cards or horses, we have never done so, and still enjoy the game quite a bit! I do have a lot of experience with the game, so adding in some trading might change the game for us in a completely different way than someone who has only one or two races under their belts. So, take my words about game balance with a grain of salt.

I will be trying the "Let's Make a Deal" variant next time I break it out though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for reviving this thread!

I had forgotten all about this, and the last few game nights we haven't pulled out long shot, which is odd for us actually.

I'll make sure to put it on top of the stack for some "wheelin'-dealin'" action this week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.