Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just going over some of the racial techs, and I have to question the effectiveness of Nova Seed. I understand it makes a big road block wherever you want, but it really only adds extra movement to any given location.

The most beneficial place I can think of it to be used is in the Wormhole Nexus system or other wormhole systems, essentially closing them.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greycloak
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see it's usefulness of dropping it on any heavily contested border system, especially if it's one of the resource rich systems. If the Embers can't have it, no one can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerMe wrote:
Just going over some of the racial techs, and I have to question the effectiveness of Nova Seed. I understand it makes a big road block wherever you want, but it really only adds extra movement to any given location.

The most beneficial place I can think of it to be used is in the Wormhole Nexus system or other wormhole systems, essentially closing them.

Any thoughts?

Keep in mind who is using the Nova Seed - the Muaat themselves. Thus, by destroying a key system, they make it take longer for other fleets to go around, but they themselves are not hindered by it, since they can fly THROUGH it.

Plus, like you say, it can be used to destroy key wormhole systems, too, or any other system that the Muaat don't want others to have (maybe a really rich system, or an artifact planet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
who cares
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
sigmazero13 wrote:
BeerMe wrote:

Any thoughts?

Keep in mind who is using the Nova Seed - the Muaat themselves. Thus, by destroying a key system, they make it take longer for other fleets to go around, but they themselves are not hindered by it, since they can fly THROUGH it.

Plus, like you say, it can be used to destroy key wormhole systems, too, or any other system that the Muaat don't want others to have (maybe a really rich system, or an artifact planet).

This^^^^ can't wait read everyones session reports! yaylaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it as more of a "Nuclear Option", ultimatly threat of what you could do is likely greater than it's potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you destroy Metacol Rex or another home planent with it? That would be pretty good since half the secret objectives have a requirement for metacol rex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tarnis Phoenix
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are photos of the cards.

No cannot be home, mec or adjacent to a red border system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tarnis Phoenix
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
videopsych wrote:

This^^^^ can't wait read everyones session reports! yaylaugh

I just posted my first session report Yin vs L1Z1X vs Ghosts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Crockett
United States
Bridgewater
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing is that by blowing up a system, you create an impassable (for everyone else) space, thus shortening the line and making it easier for you to defend, while still remaining able to attack through the affected system (they have to keep their forces dispersed, whereas you can concetrate your forces down to fewer systems.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Yoren wrote:
Can you destroy Metacol Rex or another home planent with it? That would be pretty good since half the secret objectives have a requirement for metacol rex.

No, the card specifically forbids destroying either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can destroy planets that people need to score VPs, like tech bonus planets or planets with their third and final space dock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hrhtomas wrote:
You can destroy planets that people need to score VPs, like tech bonus planets or planets with their third and final space dock.

Considering that you have to take over the planets first (to control the system), it wouldn't be their space dock once you're ready to use the seed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.