Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Keltis was a title that "got away from me" somehow.

All of this time, I've been under the impression that Keltis and LC:TBG weren't the "same game." However, could anyone familiar with both titles confirm whether or not the rules for Keltis could be applied to LC:TBG?

Are there card differences or other component mix issues that would prevent it?

Many thanks for entertaining this "drive-by" question. My family loves LC, but if this brings us ALL to the table for a game, it would be better, thus the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Keltis rules are a variant in the LCBG book. The components are pretty much identical.

Keltis rules - you can go up and down instead of just up, you use the 2nd scoring track for artifacts on the board, and you only play one round.

My only reason for getting Keltis instead was the colors matched more nicely with the amazing Keltis-only expansion Neue Wege, Neue Ziele.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be worth noting that you actually CAN play Keltis with LCTBG rules. If you happen to have the expansion (included in the latest edition of the game) or the Dice Game (Keltis: das Würfelspiel), you can use the extra wishing stone tiles for the longer game. You will find a nice scoring table in the files section.

As for the "only ascending" rule, you don't need any extra components to implement it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.